IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Vigilante for the Turbografx-16.

RSS Bot

Vigilante for the Turbografx-16 is a port of the IREM arcade game of the same name.This game is more than remincent of Double Dragon which was a runaway arcade hit when it was released back in the 80s.

You know the basic story behind games like this.Your girlfriend gets kidnapped by the local street gang and its up to you to save her.

Fight your way thru five levels of action.Punching and kicking your way to the end of each level.Grab a pair of Nunchucks you will find sometimes in the level your playing on to help you along.

Vigilante sports some very nice and impressive graphics on the Turbografx-16.The characters are large and detailed.The backgrounds are nicely done too.

Sounds are decent.Nothing great but nothing bad either.They are what you would expect from a game of this type.

The Turbo switches on your game pad can be used to help you in the game for some rapid punch and kick action.But myself i felt i did better with out the turbo on.But this is just me.

End-Level bosses can be tough to deal with and seem at lest to me to take for ever to kill.The wave of street gang members that come after you are pretty easy to take out however.

My finally take on Vigilante for the Turbografx-16? While it does feature nice graphics and decent sounds,some people may find it to be just a average Double Dragon clone.It can be tough in spots but i find it to be a fun little arcade punch and kicker that you can pick up cheap for your Turbografx-16.Thumbs Up for this one :) .

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3046