IGNORED

Build your own Kid Vid?

Mot

I saw a wiring diagram for the 2nd joystick port to what looked like audio and pause to a standard tape player (I can’t find it now).

Question: Has anyone tried to make his or her own hardware wire and put the audio on a standard tape player, and put the rom on a CC2 (or anything else) and make it work?

Does anyone think that this can be done?

I saw a wiring diagram for the 2nd joystick port to what looked like audio and pause to a standard tape player (I can’t find it now).

Question: Has anyone tried to make his or her own hardware wire and put the audio on a standard tape player, and put the rom on a CC2 (or anything else) and make it work?

Hi

if you get this diagram,this could work.But i for myself own a Kid Vid and it works great with my 7800.

greetings gambler172

Hi

if you get this diagram,this could work.But i for myself own a Kid Vid and it works great with my 7800.

greetings gambler172

Do think there is any special hardware in the Kid Vid tape player?

Do think there is any special hardware in the Kid Vid tape player?

I don't think there is anything remarkable about the tape player. I remember when I bought it for my sons years ago, I got it home and found I had an identical cassette player already. (Except for the badging). I think it was a Panasonic, but I may be wrong on that point.

The piece that you'd need is the connector cable. It plugs into the #2 joystick port on one end and the other end has pins that go in the microphone and earphone jacks on the cassette player. I'll bet one of the techno-savvy folks here has the wiring diagram to build this cable.

:)

Thanks, Shawn. That's Smurf-tastic!!!!

:D

Ya pretty much any tape deck that has dictation input will work (mic&ear)

Yes, thanks to all.

I really think that this is audio and the pause, this is standard for these tape player's and these sizes.

So the game would start and stop the tape when it saw fit.