IGNORED

Story on Xybots oversupply?

Cobra Kai

This game was released in 1991 correct? I've always wondered why the supply of this game is so crazy high. It's great because that made it cheap for me to buy recently, but it's just weird, considering it's a great game. I would expect a severe overstock on an item that meets certain requirements, such as firstly being an awful game, and secondly being released at the very end of the systems life. This game fits neither of those criteria. Anyone have any background on this?

There seems to be a crazy oversupply with a LOT of Lynx games. I've always wondered about that. Atari must have been expecting the Lynx to take off like a rocked and ordered a TON of most of the games.....

The ratio for most games seems to be about 20 copies of every game for every 1 Lynx produced!

Edited by else

Jack and Company were rather notorious for wasting Atari resoures like this early on in the Lynx.They did this with several other lynx games and the Lynx 2 unit also.At times,it was several thousand more units/games than made any sort of real business sense at all! Atari did this with their ''service parts'' for doing service/replacement on pretty much any past Atari made product.There are many years worth of these parts still available from: Best Electronics,B&C ComputerVisions and Video 61.