IGNORED

Best Lynx game ever: Introduction.

per

Here can you post your ratings (0 to 10) of Lynx games. The 15 games with best rating goes futher to a semifinale.

Rules:

Make sure to explain WHY you gave that rating to the game(s). I want YOUR rating and not any websites rating because I want to know WHY you think that rating(s) belongs to the game(s).

:x THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING!!! :x

Easy explanation of the rules:

The rating system is 10 as best and 0 as worsest.

You can post your favorite game with a rate and tell why it is your favorite game.

You can post the game you hate with a rate and tell why it is the game you hate.

You can post a game you have played with a rate and tell why that game is rated what you rated it.

Please don't post in this thread, unless you have a game with a rate as explained above.

Edited by per

Toki gets a 10, in my book. Its Lynx adaption is closer to the arcade original than any other home version. The sound and music are both sharp (even includes the "Save me!" spoken line in the 'continue?' screen). The gameplay is great and all aspects of the game (level design, pitfalls, enemies, etc.) have been faithfully reproduced. The only negative about this game are the somewhat off graphics, but the other factors easily make up for this one.

After looking at the final list, it just seems to me that people who voted didn't quite have the experience with the majority of the Lynx library to make good ratings, and I don't mean any offense by this. I couldn't really rank the Saturn library as I've only played like 5 games on it.

Shanghai is a fine game indeed, but top ten material over games like Roadblasters, Paperboy and Stun Runner? Eh...don't think so guys. Blue Lightning isn't even top 10 IMO, that game is honestly a well done tech demo with shallow gameplay and awesome graphics.

I've owned the Lynx since launch, but I've still not played even half the library. I just bought about 30 games over the past 2 weeks for it and have really gotten back into playing it hardcore, but I need to go through some of these wonderful games I just received before I can make an honest judgment on the Best games.

Eh...don't think so guys. Blue Lightning isn't even top 10 IMO, that game is honestly a well done tech demo with shallow gameplay and awesome graphics.

That's why I made this link.

Easy revising of the rules:

The rating system is 10 as best and 0 as worsest.

You can post your favorite game with a rate and tell why it is your favorite game.

You can post the game you hate with a rate and tell why it is the game you hate.

You can post a game you have played with a rate and tell why that game is rated what you rated it.

Please don't post in this thread, unless you have a game with a rate as explained above.

Edited by per

The original list at AtariTimes just has too few people voting for the games. You should really try to push people to vote there to get the scores correct. A good example is Lynx Reloaded. For some reason it is at the last place because only 1 person has voted for it and given it 30 points.

I have a feeling that it was me. On the other hand I am also a co-author on that cart and voted for it at the same time Alpine Games came out. So in my eyes it was worth about 30% compared to Alpine Games.

On other places in the forums I catch quotes like "the music is good but not a memorable as the tune in Lynx Reloaded". That is so true. The best music I have ever been able to create is a kantele-tune on the Lynx Reloaded. So perhaps it is not the worst Lynx cart ever made.

I have also heard that my Ottelo on the cart is addictive and nice to play. The cart also has some incredible demos written by Sage and two other games.

So how come noone else voted for Lynx Reloaded?

--

Karri

Please use this thread to rate games, not discuss other votings, the voting will start when I have a couple of games to list.

I'll use the Perpetual Lynx Review Thread if this doesn't work out.

Edited by per

So how come noone else voted for Lynx Reloaded?

--

Karri

Well, its not exactly the most common Lynx cart. :P

But since a rare game like Alpine Games got 11 (!) votes I guess it justifies your question. Maybe it should be renamed: The Alpine Games owner Lynx Game Ranking list. :roll:

"This lists up to 200 Lynx games" I like that quote too :thumbsup:

After looking at the final list, it just seems to me that people who voted didn't quite have the experience with the majority of the Lynx library to make good ratings, and I don't mean any offense by this. I couldn't really rank the Saturn library as I've only played like 5 games on it.

Shanghai is a fine game indeed, but top ten material over games like Roadblasters, Paperboy and Stun Runner? Eh...don't think so guys. Blue Lightning isn't even top 10 IMO, that game is honestly a well done tech demo with shallow gameplay and awesome graphics.

I've owned the Lynx since launch, but I've still not played even half the library. I just bought about 30 games over the past 2 weeks for it and have really gotten back into playing it hardcore, but I need to go through some of these wonderful games I just received before I can make an honest judgment on the Best games.

You think people "don't have the experience with the majority of the Lynx library to make good ratings". Ok, I guess that includes yourself then since you have "not played even half the library".

You think people "don't have the experience with the majority of the Lynx library to make good ratings". Ok, I guess that includes yourself then since you have "not played even half the library".

Please folows the rules I have set up for this thread. This is NOT a discussing thread, it's a thread where you list games I am going to include in a voting.

Edited by per

But since a rare game like Alpine Games got 11 (!) votes I guess it justifies your question. Maybe it should be renamed: The Alpine Games owner Lynx Game Ranking list. :roll:

How can a game which is still produced and available everywhere be rare?

Exactly, which is why you don't see any list of mine in that thread genius, but I have enough experience to know that Shanghai isn't top 10 material considering what else is on the console. If someone thinks Shanghai is top 10 material I can only deduce he/she hasn't played hardly anything else. I don't know what's so offensive about me thinking that? Any list I put together would knock your socks off. :D (lighten up)

Edited by Gunstarhero

it could be top 10 material if that is the type of game they like to play. Shanghai is a great game, but like you, it's not top 10, at least to me in my opinion, but for someone that likes games like that over Roadblaster or games like that, it could easily be top 10. At least Kung food wasn't in the top 10.

I don't have much experience with the Lynx library, probably only played about 35-40 games from the library, and Shanghai would probably be maybe 12 or 13 in my list.

Please!!! you are destroying the meaning of this thread!

I know this may be presumptuous, but are you saying that this thread is not for discussing? :)

What are you gonna do - set that huge cat-thing on us from your avatar?

Edited by Spector

I hope its alright to write a replay here now, per, since you already created your "Best lynx game ever" poll :P

How can a game which is still produced and available everywhere be rare?

Of course Alpine Games and games released by Songbird etc are rare compared to the games released during the Atari era. Thousands and thousands of carts compared to a few hundred, correct me if im wrong?