IGNORED

Interest for High Score compo

Atari5200

Yes it's me JagFan422, i thought the name change would be more appropriate since I, 1. pretty much hate the Jaguar, 2. love the 5200. I'm looking to start up a High Score Compo for the 5200. Before I start getting all my ducks in a row, sorting out rules and such, how many people here would actually be interested and/or participate in a competition? I can tell you now there would be no prizes or anything like that, just the pride of being the master of whatever game we would be competing in.

There'd be nothing fancy, rules would vary game to game, but would stay relatively the same. Since I only have the standard controller and Trak ball, i would say there would be no joystick restrictions.

So we would have a pretty basic competition, at least in the beginning, the only thing I would expect would be Trash Talkin' what fun is a compo without any trash talkin.

we'll see. I'll let this thread linger for a few more days, maybe Saturday night or Sunday I will start a new thread with the first game. Let the compo run a couple weeks or so and see how it goes. If there's a decent amount of participation, then I'll do another one and so on.

How about starting with the new Super Pacman that was just posted?

Allan

So you're suggesting this should be an emulator only competition? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, I forgot some people only have access to original carts. No I don't like playing on en emulator either. Unfortunetly it's going to mean we're going to have to skip a lot of great games.

I wonder how many people here don't have a real carts or access to a multicart.

Does anybody have any suggestions than?

Allan

I have a 128in1 flashcart as well as one of the old vidgamewiz flashcarts.

How about Centipede? It will give me an excuse to plug in the trackball. Plus, it's popular and common game.

I suck at it though.

Pole Position is another option. I was playing that just the other day.

How about starting with the new Super Pacman that was just posted?

Allan

So you're suggesting this should be an emulator only competition? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, I forgot some people only have access to original carts. No I don't like playing on en emulator either. Unfortunetly it's going to mean we're going to have to skip a lot of great games.

I wonder how many people here don't have a real carts or access to a multicart.

Does anybody have any suggestions than?

Allan

Yeah I have the AA repro of Super Pac....playing this newly released rom would make my cart useless. No multicart yet though, but I have about 50 games.