IGNORED

How do you get the A52 USB Maxicart to work?

I bought a A52 USB Maxicart off of eBay 6 months ago. I never got around to messing with it until tonight. I wanted to check out the Super Pac-Man release. I follow the instructions that came with it but when I get to this step it doesn't work.

Your PC will detect the MaxiCart and will display the drivers installation menu, select the option to specify

the drivers location and point the wizard to "MaxiCart Drivers" directory, select the file ftd2xx.inf,

press the ok button to complete the installation.

My computer detects the new hardware but it does not display a drivers installation menu. Instead it loads up "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard".

How do I get this to work?

I bought a A52 USB Maxicart off of eBay 6 months ago. I never got around to messing with it until tonight. I wanted to check out the Super Pac-Man release. I follow the instructions that came with it but when I get to this step it doesn't work.

Your PC will detect the MaxiCart and will display the drivers installation menu, select the option to specify

the drivers location and point the wizard to "MaxiCart Drivers" directory, select the file ftd2xx.inf,

press the ok button to complete the installation.

My computer detects the new hardware but it does not display a drivers installation menu. Instead it loads up "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard".

How do I get this to work?

New device, other, choose drivers from a specific location.

Do you have the software disc it came with? IIRC, there was a missing file on the original software as well.

I'll attach a zip file of my files for you to try.

Thanks! It must have been missing a file. Now I can get the computer software to load but I still am unable to get the Maxicart to work. I tried it with both the Spy Hunter conversion by Classics and the new release of Super Pac-Man. Neither one work. :(

Come to think of it....now that you say that it does ring a bell that maybe Super Pacman doesn't work...I can't remember 100%. I'll try in the morning and let you know (I'm to dozey to dig the box out atm) Also, did you try the older Super Pac rom or the new one? Maybe the older one works...I've never tried Spy Hunter tho...

Come to think of it....now that you say that it does ring a bell that maybe Super Pacman doesn't work...I can't remember 100%. I'll try in the morning and let you know (I'm to dozey to dig the box out atm) Also, did you try the older Super Pac rom or the new one? Maybe the older one works...I've never tried Spy Hunter tho...

I tried the new Super Pac-Man rom. I already have the older one on my multicart.

I have a Maxi Cart. There were always certain roms that I could never get to work on it. Star Wars Arcade and Realsports Tennis are the first ones that come to mind. In addition, there were some games which I'd have problems getting started up. Megamania and Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle always took multiple cartridge inserts and power up/power downs before they'd work. The 128 in 1 flashcart I got from Classics doesn't have those problems at all, and runs the same rom images without problems.