IGNORED

Different chips on 800xl boards

MGustafson

I just bought 3 800xls off a guy who got them at an auction.

I have opened up 2 of them. They were obviously opened before so I am wondering if the previous owner changed out chips. I noticed that the two systems don't have anything added or missing and they both run but the makers on the chips and some chip model numbers don't match. some are later revisions (D,C,B) and some have different part numbers. The two systems are close in serials (both older white label) but I'd like to see a parts list/schematic for the systems. Anyone know where to find one?

I just bought 3 800xls off a guy who got them at an auction.

I have opened up 2 of them. They were obviously opened before so I am wondering if the previous owner changed out chips. I noticed that the two systems don't have anything added or missing and they both run but the makers on the chips and some chip model numbers don't match. some are later revisions (D,C,B) and some have different part numbers. The two systems are close in serials (both older white label) but I'd like to see a parts list/schematic for the systems. Anyone know where to find one?

Schematics can be found at the link Rybags posted in the other thread you started. Take a look at http://jsobola.republika.pl/ , you might even find some interesting romdumps there. :cool:

And (at the risk of getting flamed) there are schematics and romdumps of C64 stuff as well...

re-atari