IGNORED

Arcade to 5200 Comparisons

Gregory DG

Should have shown the 8-bit version of "Mario Bros." instead.

The 5200 holds up very nicely in the category of "arcades". All-In-All an impressive list.

Colors on most games don't look right, though. Must be from an emulator with inaccurate pallette settings...

Congo Bongo was such a turd of a conversion - talk about Jr Intern Programming effort...........

Looking at some of the earlier titles you wonder if Atari was even trying. Galaxian Yellow Ships used the same sprite as the other enemies - Missile command not putting some of the additional detail on the satellites and planes - Pac Man not having eyes in the Ghosts...:(

I dig it. 5200/A8-bit was the perfect way to get your arcade action at home in the early 80's. And that's friggin exactly what I did :)

Needs Blaster by the way... and a couple of other ports like Satan's Hollow. Many others I can't think of at the top of my head but maybe later :)

Edited by NE146

pole position could have been better.

Ya know I felt the same back in the 80s, but playing the C64 version and spending some quality time on the 8bit one its pretty good - alot of the play elements are there - speech wouldve been a nice toch but the 8bit version is the best classic version IMHO. Fastest, Smoothest and best control. The C64 shouldve been called Boat Position due to the whacky handling!