IGNORED

Is Keita Iida still around?

lintwarp

I didn't really know Keita, but I contributed to his 5200 FAQ back in the mid 90's. I communicated with him a tiny bit via email, and he was a great source of info about the 5200 back then. I'm guessing the FAQ that was originally released might be out of date at this point. I remember contributing the Miner 2049er cheat/warp method. (I learned about the cheat/warp from a friend who had Miner on his Atari computer.) I certainly can't claim to be the person who figured the cheat out in the first place...just a person who figured out how to do it on the 5200.

I did figure out the Mountain King (designer's Easter Egg?) on my own! Who knows, others might have figured it out as well. I currently don't own a 5200 Mountain King cart, but it was one of my most played games back in "the day". Is there anyone who would (kindly) like to sell/send me a 5200 MK cart? I would appreciate it!

-Kevan

Edited by lintwarp

I last saw Keita back in 2003 at CGE. He was going to Japan I think, so I would assume he's still there.

Tempest

I went to my one and only CGE in Vegas back in 2000(?). I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of the boxed Masterplay interfaces I saw. I also saw a guy pick up a boxed Meteorites or two right before I walked up to the booth where they were sitting for sale. Dang...hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

At least I have some Wico Command Control joysticks and Competition Pro Joystick(s) to help ease the pain.

-K

Edited by lintwarp

After a short stint with Nuon, Keita went to work for NVidia in Japan. Haven't heard much from him but I understand he's very busy.

John

10-4

100% correct, last time I spoke with Keita, was about 2 years ago at GDC.

I last saw Keita back in 2003 at CGE. He was going to Japan I think, so I would assume he's still there.

Tempest

I went to my one and only CGE in Vegas back in 2000(?). I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of the boxed Masterplay interfaces I saw. I also saw a guy pick up a boxed Meteorites or two right before I walked up to the booth where they were sitting for sale. Dang...hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

At least I have some Wico Command Control joysticks and Competition Pro Joystick(s) to help ease the pain.

-K

If they were at the DP Booth that was me :)