IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Stop! Its BurgerTime...for the Intellivision.

RSS Bot

"Your chef, Peter Pepper is surrounded! Pickles and hot dogs are everywhere!"

BurgerTime by Data East for the Intellivision is truly one of the best games you can get for this game system.

1 or 2 players take on the role of chef Peter Pepper making your way up and down ladders,avoiding enemies such as hot dogs,eggs,and pickles,and all the while trying to make some tasty hamburgers.

Players can use pepper to temporily stun the various nasties on the game screen.But be warned you only start out with four peppers but you can thankfully earn extra peppers by collecting ice cream,coffee,ketchup,or french fries.

I really liked how well BurgerTime controls and how fast the game moves along.It has a really nice pace to it.

Graphics on this one is a winner too.Somewhat simple but very nice colors and fairly detailed compared to the Atari 2600 version.You can tell whats chasing you around the screen and what items you are picking up.

Sounds are good too.Basic but good,you wont find yourself turning down the TV while you play at lest i didnt.

So my final take on BurgerTime for the Intellivision is that we have a winner here! Easily a top ten game for this system and one you should really pick up if you already dont own this fun game.Thumbs up :) .

P.S.-So you dont own a Intellivision and want to play this fun game.Well your in luck this game has be converted over to a few other classic gaming systems, the Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

Plus,if you own a Atari 5200 or 7800 do yourself a favor and check out the AtariAge store who are selling copies of BeefDrop for each of these systems.These are two great homebrew titles based off of BurgerTime.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3186