IGNORED

atari 810 drive help needed asap

duked

i have an atari 800 with the 810 disk drive and for some reason it can read but not write any one have any iideas i have a junker unit so chip switching is not out of the question. i need this computer working in the morning as it is taking a trip to my highschools computer applications class. ive tried formating disketes that i know used to work and it will give me error 173.

i have an atari 800 with the 810 disk drive and for some reason it can read but not write any one have any iideas i have a junker unit so chip switching is not out of the question. i need this computer working in the morning as it is taking a trip to my highschools computer applications class. ive tried formating disketes that i know used to work and it will give me error 173.

Maybe a long shot, but (if you haven't already done so) you might try to reseat the socketed IC's and connectors on the various 810's boards, and clean the R/W head with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol.

re-atari

Maybe a long shot, but (if you haven't already done so) you might try to reseat the socketed IC's and connectors on the various 810's boards, and clean the R/W head with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol.

re-atari

well ive already done the reseating but after cleaning the head it will open disk it didnt before but still wont write or format also my dos disk quit working but after digging through her closet my mom found her box of backups luckly she had made quite a few back ups (twelve to be specific) that seem to work. still cant get it to write

Edited by duked