IGNORED

Raiden...

EricDeLee

It's probably played sideways on emulator.

I just got this recently and it's very difficult. This game really punishes you when you die. I find that as long as you get the first power up, which is a full one, you can go quite a ways without dying...but once you do the shoddy hit detection and slow control response will wreak havoc on your game. Awesome conversion nonetheless, I love it.

Edited by Gunstarhero

You can play it sideways in the sense that you can simply hold the Lynx as you would for most games and the gameplay will scroll left-to-right as it would for a hori shmup like Gradius or R-Type. The number and the little bits of text that are in the game will be sideways to you, but from a gameplay perspective it doesn't matter. Or you can turn your Lynx 90 degrees to play it as a vertical shooter, as it was originally intended in the arcade.

I like Raiden on the Lynx, mostly because I love Raiden and I love my Lynx. But this port really is somewhat bad, as impressive as it is for our little handheld.