IGNORED

WAV dumps of cassettes?

classics

Anyone happen to have some WAV images of Atari cassettes banging around?

I'm testing playback of FSK samples as opposed to fully decoded CAS images and need some more WAV material to test with. Ideally they would be dumps of real cassettes, not files generated by a CAS2WAV type program.

Thanks

Steve

I posted some wav files in another thread, 'list of atarimania tape images", though I had to shut down my webserver, a googlebot crawler was pouding my box, downloading the zip files over & over in a loop.

Actually Steve, I recorded a combo voice/data tape for ya because in another thread you mentioned possibly supporting motor control in APE, and asked for a recording, just never got back to ya. Its the "Writing Programs One, Side One" tape. But it's big, like 300mb unzipped.

I'm at work now, I'll head home at lunch time and fire up Apache, and post those links here..

Charlie

Is there a compression setting for mp3 files that will still work with your FSK? I have Eastern Front 1941 on tape that I would love to archive, but the WAV might be a bit big. Apple Lossless anyone?

I took a good source WAV and compressed it to a 128kbit MP3, then back to a WAV and was still able to use it.

So if you keep the bit rate high it might work. Though the quality of the source material is a little more important with this type of playback since there is no decoding and error correction of blocks being done, just some basic noise filtering.

Steve

Well since you got the others, I'll just post a link to that tape I mentioned, here's a mp3 encoded with LAME, with the high quality switch, at 320kbps, 70mb (its a 30 minute tape!)

Theres also the wav, zipping it saved maybe 30mb, so I didnt bother, it's about 307mb.

http://24.166.209.185/Writing_Programs_1_Side_1_master.mp3

http://24.166.209.185/Writing_Programs_1_Side_1_master.wav

Charlie