IGNORED

GameCubing With Rogmeister - My Pittsburgh Pirates Video Game Project

RSS Bot

After a few really horrible games, the Pittsburgh Pirates looked like they were dead in the water to me...then they started winning again and have now won 4 in a row. Their most recent win, yesterday, evened their record at 10-10 so if they can beat the Reds tonight, they can again have a winning record for the first time in a couple of weeks.

A couple years ago, I had a project where I put money into a special bank account based on what the Pirates did (so much for a win, a homer, runs scored, etc.) with the idea being that that money would go towards buying myself a widescreen TV. I actually made enough money to do that but I never did buy that TV and the money remains to this day inside that account. Maybe I'll buy that TV eventually but I probably will never get around to it until my current TV goes out on me. This year, I decided to do a similar project which I have dubbed "The Pittsburgh Pirate Video Game Project". I don't have as many things to keep track of this time, though. The one rule is simple...for every 10 games the Pirates win, I allow myself to buy $50 worth of video games and I don't buy any games during the season apart from this. With their 10th win coming yesterday, I went out in search of games...

I saw a game in a local store a week or so ago and immediately went to get that. It's "Mega Man X Collection" which includes 7 different games on one disc including a racing game featuring Mega Man and company that was never released in this country. The other game I decided I wanted was a compilation of arcade games for the portable Nintendo DS called Konami Classics Arcade Hits. Unfortunately, neither of the stores I went to yesterday had it so I ordered it online when I got home. These two games together totalled under $50 ($4.11 less to be exact) so I'll be enjoying those until the Pirates win their 20th game and it's time to buy a few more games...

In the meantime, I do hope to get back to my GameCube reviewing which I got sidetracked on. I hope to review at least one game sometime this weekend.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3255