IGNORED

Lynx II and Lynx I screens

Spector

I know that the backlight can be turned off on a Lynx II, but apart from that, is there any difference between the LCD screens on a Lynx II and a Lynx I? Is one brighter than the other? I only have the first Lynx, and am interested in getting another for backup, and since the Lynx II is cheaper on Ebay, that's probably what I'd go for, but only if the screen is as good quality.

I know that the backlight can be turned off on a Lynx II, but apart from that, is there any difference between the LCD screens on a Lynx II and a Lynx I? Is one brighter than the other? I only have the first Lynx, and am interested in getting another for backup, and since the Lynx II is cheaper on Ebay, that's probably what I'd go for, but only if the screen is as good quality.

The Lynx II has a better screen as I recall. It's brighter with fuller color and can handle bright light like sunlight better. I had a mint condition Lynx I, but sold it since I only played the Lynx II. Lynx I has a louder speaker. That's the only thing I like better about it over Lynx II beside the nostalgia factor. I very much remember how I wanted that Lynx I when it launched, but I bought a Sega Genesis intead.

I find that the Lynx II screen is backlit much more evenly when compared to the model I.

It appears on the model I that when adjusting the contrast, the brightness comes from the bottom up, that's what it looks like to me anyway. The model II doesn't do this, the whole screen brightens evenly all around as you adjust the contrast.