IGNORED

mos6507's Blog - Ark II

RSS Bot

I just got in the Ark II DVDs. I was disappointed with the picture quality. It looks like maybe they shot this in 16mm and transferred it from a print instead of going back to the original negatives. But considering how obscure this show is to most, the treatment here is more than anyone could expect. The packaging in particular is great. A lot of nice touches. The inside of the slipcase is printed with a panorama of the interior of the Ark II. Unfortunately the packaging was mired by an inexcusable typo, referencing Forbidden Planet as having come out in 1965 instead of 1956. The documentary footage was very interesting. Jean Marie Hon looks amazing for 52. I just wish they would have tied the show to more recent environmental/energy concerns. They only hinted at that. You know these old shows really are an acquired taste. I don't think my daughter has the patience for them, or the stomach for the weird incidental music. I'm going to get the Isis one over the summer and see what she thinks of that.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3266