IGNORED

SQ Waterworld Box - mounted

riffraff

Some of you were asking about my spare Waterworld box and I finally unearthed it. It's mounted to a white comic-cardboard backing. The box is in good shape but it cannot be assembled nor is the back of the box visible. If you want to see it, I put it up on ebay with a .99 starting bid. It's only suitable for framing/displayed on a wall at this point.

Swordquest Waterworld Box on ebay

Some of you were asking about my spare Waterworld box and I finally unearthed it. It's mounted to a white comic-cardboard backing. The box is in good shape but it cannot be assembled nor is the back of the box visible. If you want to see it, I put it up on ebay with a .99 starting bid. It's only suitable for framing/displayed on a wall at this point.

Swordquest Waterworld Box on ebay

Very interesting! :)

if you had enough brains to speak less than you do you might find out

that MOST glues can be heated and removed,but if its something like

super glue, i dont think it can be.

Your question was is it glued! I did not say it couldn't be heated and removed!!! Read the posts!

It's actually a good question. I tried a little bit to remove the box but every inch of it was totally stuck to the comic-cardboard. I'm not sure why it's stuck like it is. It was stored in a comic bag in a dry place all these years. It's crooked against the cardboard so you would want to trim the excess backing away before framing. I didn't want to mess with it in case I spazzed out and cut into the box by mistake.

Well an inconvienient truth as to why it's stuck like this is could possibly be ... water damage (waterworld damage?). The box seems in perfect shape without any staining or other problems. The front of the box is not "stuck" to the back of the box (can open it up at the ends and look inside). I don't know if this kind of seal made by water damage (if that's indeed what caused this seal) is fixable using any of the techniques mentioned, but I think it may be just destined to be a nice piece of artwork at this point.

Well an inconvienient truth as to why it's stuck like this is could possibly be ... water damage (waterworld damage?). The box seems in perfect shape without any staining or other problems. The front of the box is not "stuck" to the back of the box (can open it up at the ends and look inside). I don't know if this kind of seal made by water damage (if that's indeed what caused this seal) is fixable using any of the techniques mentioned, but I think it may be just destined to be a nice piece of artwork at this point.

I bet you could get it off with hot steam.

Why did you mount it in the first place? This is one box that would have been worth a lot more had you not done that.

I don´t think it was done on purpose. Why the talk of water damage then?

I also get the feeling that it was already stuck to the cardboard when he bought it 11 years ago, but I could be mistaken.