IGNORED

Does anyone have any 7800 lab loaners?

Propane13

I found one while dumpster diving outside Atari back in the early 90's... It's scratched as all hell and all I can make out is the letters ELE and COP... hmm, wonder what it means... haven't tested it yet.. Lately I've been using it as a garden shovel...

Hi

hohohohohoho :)

I think,we will never see Electro Cop.

greetings gambler172

Hi

i own protos of Xevious,Dig Dug,Pole Position and Food Fight

I always thought the Warner era ones were likely going to be far easier to find. That Jack was so tight-wadded that Tramiel-era 7800 protos are among the rarest thing to find among all video game consoles.

and the bin file of a never released 7800 cartridge.

greetings gambler172

Do tell ...

Edited by DracIsBack

I have a few: Karateka, Midnight Mutants, GATO, Hat Trick, and Desert Falcon (I think, I'll have to check on that one).

Are the Xevious, Dig Dug, Pole Position and Food Fight protos any different than the final releases? I'd love to review them for my page.

Tempest

I have a few: Karateka, Midnight Mutants, GATO, Hat Trick, and Desert Falcon (I think, I'll have to check on that one).

Are the Xevious, Dig Dug, Pole Position and Food Fight protos any different than the final releases? I'd love to review them for my page.

Tempest

Hi Tempest

Cause i have not dumped them,i do not know exactly.But Xevious is for sure not the same,like the released version.

greetings gambler172

I'd be very interested to know some info about that diagnostic cart version.

You may or may not know, but I did a disassembly of it a long time ago:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~harvey/7800/diag.html

Lots of cool secrets and codes are buried inside. Do you have a manual for it, by chance (and maybe the plugs)?

-John

Lots of cool secrets and codes are buried inside. Do you have a manual for it, by chance (and maybe the plugs)?

-John

Hi John

Sorry,i have no manual for it.I got this cart from a friend,who got it from a former Atari engineer.But if someone can tell me,how i can dump it with my development system(modded 7800),i try to do.

greetings Walter

-John

Hi John

Sorry,i have no manual for it.I got this cart from a friend,who got it from a former Atari engineer.But if someone can tell me,how i can dump it with my development system(modded 7800),i try to do.

greetings Walter

The Dev system I sold you is able to dump your cart Walter. PM Omegamatrix and he will explain to you how to dump them properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

today i tried to dump some protos,i have.To do this,i used my 7800 NTSC development system.It has the development OS inside.I connected my 7800 to the PC.I use Windows XP on my PC.

First i tried to start the Atariloader program,but it seems,that it does not work on Windows XP.So i tried CTRL in the Dos box.

But all i got was a timeout.Does anyone have a detailed description,how i can dump my games?In which 7800 port must i put the connection cable(to the PC)?What options must i use?Is there any way,to get run the Atariloader on Windows XP?

greetings gambler172

Hi Guys

today i tried to dump some protos,i have.To do this,i used my 7800 NTSC development system.It has the development OS inside.I connected my 7800 to the PC.I use Windows XP on my PC.

First i tried to start the Atariloader program,but it seems,that it does not work on Windows XP.So i tried CTRL in the Dos box.

But all i got was a timeout.Does anyone have a detailed description,how i can dump my games?In which 7800 port must i put the connection cable(to the PC)?What options must i use?Is there any way,to get run the Atariloader on Windows XP?

greetings gambler172

Dev WILL NOT work with XP even with dos or dosbox. You need to use an older OS like Win98 or even better DOS 6.22

Hi

But if i use Dos box,i always get a message "Timeout"??????

greetings Walter

Das Teil funktioniert nicht mit XP, Du musst Dir wohl nochmal eine alte Kiste mit 98 besorgen.

Hallo CPUWIZ

auch nicht mit der DOSBOX?????

Gruss Walter

Geht überhaupt nicht mit XP. :(

Hi

greetings Walter

Das Teil funktioniert nicht mit XP, Du musst Dir wohl nochmal eine alte Kiste mit 98 besorgen.

Hallo CPUWIZ

Gruss Walter

Hallo CPUWIZ

SCh.......ade.But maybe anyone will write a program or find a possibility,so that it works on XP or XP with Dos Box.

Gruss Walter

Hi

greetings Walter

Hallo CPUWIZ

Gruss Walter

Hallo CPUWIZ

SCh.......ade.But maybe anyone will write a program or find a possibility,so that it works on XP or XP with Dos Box.

Gruss Walter

Kannst ja mal versuchen Eckhardt eine PM zu schicken, Er hat das ja programmiert. ;)

I'm not sure what most of that converstion was about but if you don't have an older PC, it might be easier to use a Windows 98/DOS boot floopy. If you PC doesn't have a floppy drive you can also format a USB flash drive with Windows 98/DOS.

Mitch

I have a iso of dos 6.22 that can be burned to CD. Then you can boot to the cd it is not very big.

The only problem with that is where will he save his files, the hard drive is probably NTFS and not accesible from DOS.

Mitch

• 4 weeks later...

Can we figure out a way to help gambler172?

Are there other ways to dump such things?

For example, does anyone have a crappy old laptop that would work with the dev system? Maybe if it was light enough, we could find something like that to help out.

-John

Can we figure out a way to help gambler172?

Are there other ways to dump such things?

For example, does anyone have a crappy old laptop that would work with the dev system? Maybe if it was light enough, we could find something like that to help out.

-John

Hi John

i tried last weekend to dump my protos with the help of Eckhard,but it did not work.He sent me a mail with a last possibility to dump them.

I will test at weekend.If it does not work,i must go to a friend,who owns an old PC with Windows 98.

greetings Walter