IGNORED

Integrated Logic System Real.dos

There have been many upgrades to ILS's Real.dos. Check them out at http://tcpipexpress.com/realdos.html

This version of Real.Dos was written to fully utilize the BLACK Box and the MULTIPLEXER. While this version of the DOS was written for these devices they ARE NOT necessary to use, An MIO will work just fine with the dos. This dos was primarily designed for Ken and I, and Hard drive system as well as other Power Users systems. Ok enough of this junk. Here a list of the changes;

It is my intent to produce only assembly source code. I have a lot of source That is in action, mac/65, c ECT. In some cases I am writing totally new code from Scratch, in other cases I am dissembling correcting coding bugs and/or adding, features to programs.

Real.dos is compatable with:

Black Box all versions

ICD MIO

Ken Jones MIO

Ape Interface

My-ide

KPI Interface

IBM Emulator 'AtariWin800'

Real.dos also has wedge support

The ICD SpartaDos is a fine product, it has some problems and we want to correct them all. I would have corrected them under the SpartDos name. However I do not want my name and company to be associated with FTe, Mike Holman, or others that have claimed ownership to things I have written that were NEVER sold to them. So here is the basic scoop of the difference between SpartaDos X3.3d and Real.dos.

$700 = ‘S’ All SpartaDos versions.

$700 = ‘R’ All Real.Dos versions.

$701 = Dos version number $33= Version 3.3

$701 = Dos version number $10 = Version 1.0

All other comtab variables are the same. There are some new ones in Real.Dos.

The “Sparta.com” file will toggle the $700 location for ‘S’ to ‘R’. This is important because many programmers used the $700 location to tell if you are running SpartaDos or not. While Real.dos is backwards compatibles with SpartaDos, my command files MAY NOT BE. So as a general rule don’t even try. I will let you know the ones that will work. Like, “tdline2.com and bat.com”. I hope to get the support command files up and running so I can focus on making external command shell for Real.Dos. This will give us memlow back again.

PLEASE do not give out copies of REAL.DOS! For any reason. Send me an e-mail of who, what, or why this person wants a beta copy of Real.Dos.

Welcome to the REAL.DOS Version 1.0a This Version of REAL.DOS is Shareware.

Written by Stephen J. Carden, Ken Ames

ADDED

When DOS is booting

Holding down any CONSOL key will give you a menu to select SIOV type. This was done so that as new hardware gets designed. You can control the siov handler you wish to use. If you are not holding down a consol key during boot Real.dos will configure SIOV for you.

Start = US Doubler SIOV

Select = OS SIOV

Option = Let Dos make the choice

CLI (Command Line Interface) Changes

removed "ainit" function

added md for making directory

added mkdir for making directory

added rd for remove directory

added rmdir for removing a directory

added chdir for changing a directory

added cd for changing a directory

added cls for clearing the screen

added ver for version of the dos

added cold for cold start of computer

added echo for turning the screen on and off

added case insensitivity (lower case ok to use)

added mux compatible CIO handler

added drive 9 support

Note: That all the classic SpartaDos command are STILL valid except for the ainit.

Define: md or mkdir

Syntax for use:

md dx:>stuff make a dir call stuff

md dx:\stuff make a dir call stuff

mkdir dx:>stuff make a dir call stuff

mkdir dx:\stuff make a dir call stuff

Define: rd or rmdir

Syntax for use:

rd dx:>stuff removes a dir call stuff

rd dx:\stuff removes a dir call stuff

rmdir dx:>stuff removes a dir call stuff

rmdir dx:\stuff removes a dir call stuff

Define: cd or chdir

Syntax for use:

cd dx:>stuff Change director to stuff

cd dx:\stuff Change director to stuff

chdir dx:>stuff Change director to stuff

chdir dx:\stuff Change director to stuff

cd \ change to root dir

cd .. Carries you back on directory

chdir \ change to root dir

chdir... carries you back on directory

cd..\.. carries you back two directory

chdir ..\.. carries you back two directory

Define: cls

Syntax for use:

cls clears the screen

Define: ver

Syntax for use:

ver Displays the current version of Real.dos

Define: cold

Syntax for use:

cold starts the computer

Define: echo

Syntax for use:

echo on turns the screen on

echo off turns the screen off

very useful when copying a large amount of file(s) to a ramdisk.

Some of the new files on this ATR

Please enjoy this ATR. A lot of hours when into it this ATR build. Yet I am still not done. Oh well, I will keep working. Please let me know what you think of the command files

SSC.COM "Super Sector Copy" This will allow you to make ATR's the size of your source drive from 4 to 65535 sectors, floppies or hard drive and then sector copy them to the target ATR. Support's the APE, MUX, Black Box, MIO, Ramdisk's "must use my ramdisk.com" <note> if you have a black box and a partition map ssc.com will backup you entire hard drive from the command line. 'ssc parm1 parm2' parm1 = black box temp drive, Parm2 is the ape drive. Be aware this can take several days to run depending on the size of your hard drive. SSC, will map your black box according to you partition map, create an ATR file the same as you partition map name and then sector copy to the atr of the same name. SSC do not care how big or small your drives are... It will just make an image of them. If you wish to just copy a partition or two just type in 'ssc' and it will bring up a menu that has

help screens in it.

MOUNT.COM from SpartaDos or Real.dos you can mount the ATR you wish

UNMOUNT.COM you can unmount an ATR from the command line.

MAKE_ATR.COM from the command line you can make any size ATR you wish, single or double density, Mount it and also build a directory.

<note> building a directory requires double density.

TDLINE2.COM has the fix for y2k and correctly takes care of the day of the week. Pulls time from r-time 8, APE, or Mux depending on your configuration. Also this tdline2 is aware if it has already been loaded and will update the time and then exit without reloading the handler.

RAMDISK.COM ram disk handler that can be re-entered. This ram disk handler will function in single or double density you can change it's drive letter or map it out all together. Then re-map it when you are ready. Also you must tell it to format. so if you soft boot your machine and re-boot dos a simple 'ramdisk d9:' will re-install the handler. You can also sector edit the ram disk. With ssc you can sector copy it to an atr file. This is the very tool was used in creating the ATR for this d/load

RAM_LOAD.COM will load an image file byte for byte to restore a ram disk.

<note> you must be using my ram disk handler.

RAM_CAP.COM will save the entire contents of a ram disk to an image file.

<must be using my ramdisk handler>

OS_CAP.COM will copy your OS out to either an IBM image file or Bob burner file.

<no need to desolder to have a chip image>

OS_MENU.COM the support file for the SMARTOS that I use.

PARK.COM com will look into what kind of pbi device you have and Park it correctly.

Black Box and MIO only.

TURBOSS.COM High speed screen Handler.

HDFMTDIR.COM will read the percom table calculate the amount of sectors and build a new directory on anything. Yes Anything! Black Box PBI drives, hard drive partitions, ram disk <if you are using my ram disk Handler>, standard floppies. Note: This will not format MY-IDE drives due to the MY-IDE OS rom not being PERCOM compatable.

All these files are 100% assembler code. Written with xasm.exe

Visit ILS at 'tcpipexpress.com' to see other items

Well, I guess that is all of it. I Had fun making these mods, and if you

like it at least drop me a note. Steve

Edited by Stephen J. Carden
  • Like 1