IGNORED

Will this work for a cartridge connector?

• 3 months later...
Those are old floppy cables. I can usually get my hands on them if anyone is having trouble.

I have an Atari Lynx- will it work for that?

I remember those cables. Do you have more of them? I'd like to paypal you or something.

Also, how do you know which end is pin 1 (GND) and which is 34 (SWVCC)?

Edited by loconut

Those are old floppy cables. I can usually get my hands on them if anyone is having trouble.

I have an Atari Lynx- will it work for that?

I remember those cables. Do you have more of them? I'd like to paypal you or something.

Also, how do you know which end is pin 1 (GND) and which is 34 (SWVCC)?

The Red line going down the cable is Pin 1.

This cable is for making a cartridge reader for reading Atari 2600 Game Carts on the Flashback devices. So I don't think it will work for the lynx.

• 1 month later...

This is great! I was afraid I'd have to buy a real 2600 cart slot to do my Flashback mod. Lo and behold, an ancient 486 I was giving away had a super-long cable with three of these connectors on it!

If anyone wants one, I'll swap it for a 2600 cart of any game not already on the FB2. I don't actually own any 2600 carts so the cart mod is useless without a game : ) You could even send me E.T. if you like.

Edited by Hornpipe2

New question. I thought the 2600 cart and connector was 24 pins. This is 34. What gives? When you try plugging a 2600 cart into a floppy connector, does it really fit, and which pins on the connector are _actually_ used?

The connector should be under some sort of slot you make above it. I also jammed some slivers of popsicle stick into the unused parts of the connector to make sure it aligns right.