IGNORED

List of unreleased Games

Bunsen

Has anybody a list of unreleased games that have become available in the last few years (2000er)?

Agonia (came out: 2007)

Blaster (2004)

Zone Patrol (2004)

Perly Szeherezady (2006)

Tower Toppler (2006?)

Destrukszon Flower (2006)

Super Pacman (2007)

Commando (2003)

Deflektor (2006)

Midi Maze (2003)

McDonald's (2002)

Fluid-Kha (2003)

any more?

Edited by Bunsen

Has anybody a list of unreleased games that have become available in the last few years (2000er)?

Agonia (came out: 2007)

Blaster (2004)

Zone Patrol (2004)

Perly Szeherezady (2006)

Tower Toppler (2006?)

Destrukszon Flower (2006)

Super Pacman (2007)

Commando (2003)

Deflektor (2006)

Midi Maze (2003)

any more?

What do you mean by "unreleased"? A number of those games first surfaced as protos decades ago, and were available to a few people, but were more widely disseminated over the 'net in the past few years. Some were released commercially in Europe, but not in North America and/or in NTSC format. And quite a few new games are still being coded for the platform. As a result, classification is very complicated.

As an example, Tower Toppler and Deflektor were coded by third-party software houses for the XEGS, but never released by Atari. It appears, however, that there were limited commercial releases on tape or cart in (at the very least) England and Germany ca. 1991. "Pirate" carts have also been available in North America since about 1997(?), although most users weren't aware that they existed until after AtariAge (2001).

Blaster is not "complete", and has never been given a commerical release because of copyright problems. An image is, however, available for download.

Super Pac-Man has been available since the '80s as a 5200 conversion, and most A8 userst still probably play that version.

Edited by davidcalgary29

Blaster is not "complete", and has never been given a commerical release because of copyright problems. An image is, however, available for download.

Blaster is complete. I've played it dozens of times.

Allan

Edited by Allan

What do you mean by "unreleased"? A number of those games first surfaced as protos decades ago, and were available to a few people, but were more widely disseminated over the 'net in the past few years. Some were released commercially in Europe, but not in North America and/or in NTSC format. And quite a few new games are still being coded for the platform. As a result, classification is very complicated.

I mean really lost games. Available for nobody (a handful protos doesn't count) neither in Europe nor in the US, no cracked versions.

If orpheuswaking purchased Zone Patrol in the 90s I must delete it from my list.

Will try another question:

Has anybody of you played one of the mentioned games before 2000?

Yes, Micro Discount used to sell both Zone Patrol and the UFO preview in 1996 or so, we just revived both programs as nobody had dumped them. Deflektor and Tower Toppler were also available on cartridge at the time. I know a number of people saw the boards for MIDI Maze and Commando before 2000.

Super Pac-Man has been available for ages as a bootleg file. The binary that appeared recently is just a more recent version.

Fluid-Kha is another game you can add to the list... Pretty sure there are more.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

I was playing a pirated copy of Super Pacman on disc back in the mid to late 80's. I was only a kid back then, little did I know that it was only a prototype that never got released.

Was it common then in pirated form? Or was I just extremely lucky?

Edited by Ross PK

I was playing a pirated copy of Super Pacman on disc back in the mid to late 80's. I was only a kid back then, little did I know that it was only a prototype that never got released.

Was it common then in pirated form? Or was I just extremely lucky?

Lots of late 83-84 Atari 8-bit games that never got released were pirated. In fact I have an internal Atari memo about Final Legacy being pirated and the developers being really ticked off about it. I know Super Pac-Man, Crystal Castles, Ballblazer, Rescue on Fractalus, and Final Legacy were all pirated back in the day.

Tempest

I mean really lost games. Available for nobody (a handful protos doesn't count) neither in Europe nor in the US, no cracked versions.

If orpheuswaking purchased Zone Patrol in the 90s I must delete it from my list.

Will try another question:

Has anybody of you played one of the mentioned games before 2000?

Well, then you can delete all of the Atari releases, with the exception of the upcoming Xenophobe and the unplayable Mean 18 (which was "released" as a bank-switchable bonus on the Sunmark Commando cart). Deflektor, Tower Toppler, and Jinks were released in Germany, and I was present at a TAF meeting in '89 or '90 when MIDI Maze was demoed by a staff member from Atari Canada. I didn't play it at the time, though. Jr. Pac-Man and Behind Jaggy Lines have been available as pirated ports for decades, although I believe that these were the ported 5200 versions of the games.

You can add the following games as having been discovered only in the past five years:

Ixion

McDonald's

Sinistar (being completed)

Cloak and Dagger (being ported??)

The following are new titles:

Castle Crisis

Beefdrop

Koffi's Yellow Kopter (still being ported??)

there are also a great many titles that have been recently coded in Europe for the A8 platform.

Edited by davidcalgary29

I didn't add Sinistar and Cloak and Dagger to the list because I didn't find any Images in the Internet.

I think both aren't available for the public. I want only games on the list that are available for the Atari (-age, -mania, -online.pl, Fandal,...) community.

Sinistar (being completed)

So is this why there has been such a long delay on it being released? I was kind of thinking this after the first year went by and it was not released.

Allan

Dutchman2000 is currently working on Sinistar along with (I hope) Tempest. I understand that Sinistar is pretty much finished, but that the programming team wants to wait until it is 100% complete before anything is released to the public.

Dutchman2000 is currently working on Sinistar along with (I hope) Tempest. I understand that Sinistar is pretty much finished, but that the programming team wants to wait until it is 100% complete before anything is released to the public.

Cool!

Allan