IGNORED

Can't Quit Disk Image

Tempest

Does anyone know where I can get the disk image for the APX game Can't Quit? I see Atarimaina has the tape image, but not the disk image.

I remember seeing this one in the APX catalogs back in the day and thinking it looked really cool. Unfortunately I never got around to getting it before APX collapsed.

Tempest

Does anyone know where I can get the disk image for the APX game Can't Quit? I see Atarimaina has the tape image, but not the disk image.

I remember seeing this one in the APX catalogs back in the day and thinking it looked really cool. Unfortunately I never got around to getting it before APX collapsed.

It's a BASIC game, wouldn't be hard to convert the .cas image to disk. I'll have a go at it, if you want...

Here's an autobooting disk image:

http://www.urchlay.com/cantquit.zip

Boot with BASIC enabled and enjoy...

Edit: for those who might be interested in how to do this...

I used cassio to analyze the .cas image, saw that it has two files on it. One is the BASIC program (CLOAD format), and the other is the data that gets loaded while the game says "FILE LOADING"

To extract the code/data: cassio --split-files cantquit cantquit.cas

The BASIC code was now in cantquit.01 and the data in cantquit.02

I used "dir2atr" to create an ATR image containing these two files, renamed CANTQUIT.BAS and CANTQUIT.DAT. "dir2atr" comes with AtariSIO; you could use the H: device in an emulator instead, as the goal is just to be able to copy the files to a disk image.

Next, booted Atari++ with BASIC enabled, ran the program, and it errored out when it started trying load the data file from cassette (it said ERROR-130 AT LINE 4040, because Atari++ doesn't support the C: device when its SIO patch is enabled).

Edited line 4040 so it loads from "D:CANTQUIT.DAT" instead of "C:" (had to break it into two lines to get it to fit), re-SAVED the program to the disk image, ran it to test it (it worked).

To get it to auto-boot I just used the SETUP.COM utility from the DOS 2.5 master disk, told it to auto-run CANTQUIT.BAS.

Edited by Urchlay