IGNORED

Worried about all the buttons on the 5200 controllers!...

ataridave

Analog woes aside, controllers with that many buttons intimidate me! How often do you have to use them? I know that there is an Amiga joystick that you can use with the 5200 that just has one button, so maybe you don't use them a lot. But I would like to get a 5200, and this is a concern for me.

Analog woes aside, controllers with that many buttons intimidate me! How often do you have to use them? I know that there is an Amiga joystick that you can use with the 5200 that just has one button, so maybe you don't use them a lot. But I would like to get a 5200, and this is a concern for me.

For most games, you mainly use the number pad buttons to select a game variation, but a few games actually make use of the number pad buttons during game play. The Start/Pause/Reset buttons are self explanatory, and there are two independent fire buttons on each side - some games only need one fire button to play. I wouldn't worry about all those buttons, you'll be just fine even if you only have just 5 fingers on each hand!! :music: :lolblue:

I wasn't aware of any Amiga joystick that was specifically designed for the 5200, you migh be thinking of one for the 2600 instead?

I too am an Amiga gamer!!

I would LOVE to hook up one of these.

Or a Y connector with a GC or PS2 connector on one end and a keypad on the other!

Or a Y connector with a GC or PS2 connector on one end and a keypad on the other!

post-7472-1179280827.jpg

It wasn't made by Commodore, I just know that's white and red, about the size of the 2600 Joystick.

Thanks for the info on the buttons. But, what about the analog sticks failing? Is there any way around that? And, OT, how about the buttons on the Colecovision-same deal?

Edited by dave4shmups

It wasn't made by Commodore, I just know that's white and red, about the size of the 2600 Joystick.

Thanks for the info on the buttons. But, what about the analog sticks failing? Is there any way around that? And, OT, how about the buttons on the Colecovision-same deal?

Before Commodore bought them, Amiga, Inc made two 2600 standard controllers.

The amazing powerstick

and the curious powerboard