IGNORED

what happenned to the redemption?

lowscore

It was briefly mentioned in a recent thread that the Redemption adapter is no longer available at AA and a check of Pixels Past tells That it is only available at AA. What gives? I am anxiously waiting for my copy of Adventure II and this was going to be my next purchase. Please bring it back! If it is no longer an AA product, where can I get it, other than ebay? Has it just gone into highly price inflated collector status like the very expensive 5200 Wico with y adapter and the even more spendy Masterplay? :sad:

It was briefly mentioned in a recent thread that the Redemption adapter is no longer available at AA and a check of Pixels Past tells That it is only available at AA. What gives? I am anxiously waiting for my copy of Adventure II and this was going to be my next purchase. Please bring it back! If it is no longer an AA product, where can I get it, other than ebay? Has it just gone into highly price inflated collector status like the very expensive 5200 Wico with y adapter and the even more spendy Masterplay? :sad:

Sorry Boogie

Now it can be told.

The truth of De-evelution.

Duty Now For The Future means buying a redemption in anticipation of needing on in the future.

De-evelution is real!

Could be it´s sold out due to the large amounts of Adventure II carts that´s been shipped.

PM Albert and hear what he has to say. I´d like to know also, so please report back. :)

I am out of boards for the Redemption and I'm unlikely to order more until I can get the board redesigned to make it easier and less expensive to assemble. The board is more complex than it needs to be, since it can also be configured for a "PC Joystick" option as well as the 2600/7800 versions. I stopped selling the PC version a while ago, since few people were buying it and it didn't work consistently well depending on the joysticks used. I'd also like to find an alternative enclosure, since the current Redemption uses 5200 carts and those take a fair amount of work to prep. To say nothing of having to sacrifice a 5200 game to make a Redemption.

..Al

I am out of boards for the Redemption and I'm unlikely to order more until I can get the board redesigned to make it easier and less expensive to assemble. The board is more complex than it needs to be, since it can also be configured for a "PC Joystick" option as well as the 2600/7800 versions. I stopped selling the PC version a while ago, since few people were buying it and it didn't work consistently well depending on the joysticks used. I'd also like to find an alternative enclosure, since the current Redemption uses 5200 carts and those take a fair amount of work to prep. To say nothing of having to sacrifice a 5200 game to make a Redemption.

..Al

Maybe it can be fitted into a dead and gutted 5200 controller case ;)

In all seriousness, though, thanks for the answer and all the work you are doing to make AII an awesome reality. (I hope my check clears soon!)

..Al

Get me the schematic, I'll redesign it. ;)

Sorry Boogie

Now it can be told.

The truth of De-evelution.

Duty Now For The Future means buying a redemption in anticipation of needing on in the future.

De-evelution is real!

LOL!

Brilliant.

To say nothing of having to sacrifice a 5200 game to make a Redemption.

No one will miss a few more Super Breakouts. :cool:

You're supposed to use Super Breakouts? I heard Albert was working his way through a pallet of sealed BBSBs that

he found in a warehouse one day.

You're supposed to use Super Breakouts? I heard Albert was working his way through a pallet of sealed BBSBs that

I considered using that pallet of BBSBs, but the labels aren't the right size..

..Al

..Al

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I was going to order one any day now.

I considered using that pallet of BBSBs, but the labels aren't the right size..

..Al

I give up, what are BBSBs

I tried and don't get it....

Bounty Bob Strikes Back, one of the rarer and certainly the most expensive game for the 5200 at this point.

..Al

ohhhh...

Their being funny!!!

You're not REALLY sitting on a case of those are you???

I'm the one that sold them to him. I needed the space, so I let it go for 50$.

I wonder if it could be designed to fit into a 2600 cart? There are plenty of those going around. Don't know if they are any easier to prep though.

At least then you could still use the same labels...only with the Redemption 2.0 name :)

Edited by Lord Helmet

Bounty Bob Strikes Back, one of the rarer and certainly the most expensive game for the 5200 at this point.

..Al

ohhhh...

Their being funny!!!

You're not REALLY sitting on a case of those are you???

:ponder:

..Al

He is not but this guy is:

http://www.bigfivesoftware.com/company/jz_labels.jpg

jz_labels.jpg

Ok!

It's fantasy land time....

My perfect Redemption would be:

built in an E.T. cartridge WITH the label left ON!

It would have a 4 -6 foot cord to run to the Fiddy-Too, Oh Oh.

On the E.T. Cart. would be a plug for a keyboard connector (2600 or 5200)

And a PS2 controller port!

It would read analog as analog and it has plenty of buttons for reset, pause, fire, etc!

But that's just my dream, if I could engeneer it, I would!!

Edited by MaDDuck