IGNORED

ADV2 arrived - I've got goosebumps! :-)

Curt Vendel

Wow, I can't remember the last time I was so excited over the arrival of an Atari 5200 game.

I honestly think it was either when I bought Space Dungeon or maybe it was when I bought a 5200 Trakball.

My copy of Adv2 just arrived now, and I opened up the package and was looking through everything and stopped and realized, I have friggin goosebumps and a smile on my face.

The packaging and the attention to detail of everything little thing is just incredible. Albert, Ron and everyone who had any part of making Adventure 2 what it is down to the tiniest detail, you all deserve a big thank you. Delivery of the product honestly made this all worth the long, but understandable wait so worth the while.

Thank you, thank you and again... thank you!!!

Curt

That reminds me - I, too, had goosebumps while opening the package and examining the contents. As I said to jetset at work today, this is without a doubt, one of the nicest releases ever (commercial or not) for the 5200, if not THE nicest!!! And that's true for MOST consoles as well. Excellent, EXCELLENT job A2 Gang!!! :)

--Timster--

Exactly!!

This release is the best of the best of the best!

I challenge anyone to try to out do this!

Really, let's raise the bar on homebrew deluxe packaging. We have all proven that there is a premium market for these.

So, just to dream, the 7800 keyboard and software, 7800 Missing in Action, etc...

The future looks bright.

Gotta wear shades! :cool:

Exactly!!

Really, let's raise the bar on homebrew deluxe packaging. We have all proven that there is a premium market for these.

I agree! The extras with this release are second to none. I'd like to see more special edition homebrew releases.

Edited by Lord Helmet

Exactly!!

I agree! The extras with this release are second to none. I'd like to see more special edition homebrew releases.

To add something interesting to this discussion, it's not likely that any of these extras would have been included had Adventure II originally shipped back in 2005 (or even early 2006). At some point I decided I wanted to include a bonus for those who waited (mostly patiently) for the game's delayed release. Over time that evolved to include several additional items. I had plenty of time to decide on what these items would be and then to hunt them down, have items printed, print items myself, and so forth. The idea to do a limited, numbered release was an even more recent idea, and outside of the holiday carts (which were open ended as far as numbers go), I believe this is the first release I've personally been involved with that has had a fixed, numbered run.

It would be nice to do a future release (or releases) in this same style, but I'm not sure when that might happen again.

..Al

I think it might add a little more to the initial demand. Not all homebrews are going to be as high in demand as A2, but a 1st edition run of 25-40 carts for new homebrews might prove to be popular with collectors. Even a slightly different label between 1st editions and regular editions would cause some collectors to buy more than 1 copy just to have each label.

I think it might add a little more to the initial demand. Not all homebrews are going to be as high in demand as A2, but a 1st edition run of 25-40 carts for new homebrews might prove to be popular with collectors. Even a slightly different label between 1st editions and regular editions would cause some collectors to buy more than 1 copy just to have each label.

LOL!

C'mon Lord Helmet, now you're just pandering to them.

You'd lose a lot of cred if you did that.

From what I've seen and bought. 15 homebrews for Colecovision, Vectrex, 2600, 7800, 5200, and the DS thingy that'll let me run homebrews!

I have gotten in on 2-3 limited editions, both of them were 100+ total

NONE were as sweet as Adventure II

What will the next great homebrew? That new Keystone Kapers clone looks good.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Buyatari - if you're a fan of the original you really ought to pick up Adventure II - it really is just hands-down a great game and as good as the best of the 'official' 5200 releases (well, apart from Rescue on Fractalus! which will always be the best game ever).

Hey Buyatari - if you're a fan of the original you really ought to pick up Adventure II - it really is just hands-down a great game and as good as the best of the 'official' 5200 releases (well, apart from Rescue on Fractalus! which will always be the best game ever).

All right.

Based on your recommendation, I just plopped down $33 on a NIB Fractalus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I hope you like it! It's incredibly atmospheric for its time and I think you'll be amazed at what the ol' 5200 was capable of. Make sure you read the manual cover-to-cover as well 'cause it's very well written and adds to the fun!

One little tip - on the later levels, take the Jaggi gun emplacements out first before you try rescuing the downed space pilots - you'll regret it if you don't ;)