IGNORED

Post your unique 5200 item

Krytol

This is a crossover from the 2600 forum:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103434

I'm excited because I finally found my first 5200 in the wild (2-port) (after having my original die a few years ago :sad: )

So I'll start:

I don't think many collectors have all three Redemption 5200 manuals..

post-1496-1179589533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krytol

This is a crossover from the 2600 forum:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103434

I'm excited because I finally found my first 5200 in the wild (2-port) (after having my original die a few years ago :sad: )

So I'll start:

I don't think many collectors have all three Redemption 5200 manuals..

post-1496-1179589533_thumb.jpg

Show off!!!

Mine would have to be my Adventure II limited edition!

Come to think of it, it's the ONLY 5200 item that I actually own.

So there!

Most unique item would have to be my "highlander" pass threw cart. Pretty unique seeing as there is only one :cool:

So this device filters out all the bad Highlander films that pass through your 5200? :P

Can we see pics?

Allan

Most unique item would have to be my "highlander" pass threw cart. Pretty unique seeing as there is only one :cool:

So this device filters out all the bad Highlander films that pass through your 5200? :P

Can we see pics?

Allan

I had some pics posted before. I'll have to see if I can find them as the item itself is in storage now.

A little flawed and only two of them exist... Plus I managed to lose all of my old layout drawings which means I'll have to start over if I want to make another one.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43368

Not rare but It's my truly unique item.

Hex.

[ Passed up a cheap Congo Bongo -- I hope I didn't need that... ]

I have a complete boxed BBSB that also included the Miner 2049 cartridge. A gold and red sticker on the box states that this is a "Super Special Offer", FREE "Award Winning" Miner 2049 cartridge enclosed. I purchased this new for about $25 in 1985!

The 5200 StarCon controller - VERY rare indeed! :cool:

OMG!!!

is that THE StarCon???? A self centering analog controller!

WOW, I wish I could manufacture a million of those, 2-4 for everybody.

I have a 2600 box similar to that, but I have not seen the 5200 before, nice find. Also drooling over the POS board a bit, I wouldn't mind adding one of those to my collection.

OBUnusualItem:

So you converted BBSB to get rid of the bankswitch or did you make a custom PCB for it? :ponder: Either way you could sell those like hot cakes for all those that a) can't find a BBSB b)can't afford to\won't pay the stupid price it commands.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I have a 2600 box similar to that, but I have not seen the 5200 before, nice find. Also drooling over the POS board a bit, I wouldn't mind adding one of those to my collection.

OBUnusualItem:

:sad:

Classics, can I borrow your brain for a couple of weeks? Please!

Very cool!

Allan

OMG!!!

is that THE StarCon???? A self centering analog controller!

WOW, I wish I could manufacture a million of those, 2-4 for everybody.

Yes, it is THE StarCon, it's actually a digital controller with a built-in analog conversion circuit. A few of these surfaced a few years ago (from the original designer/manufacturer), and a bunch of lucky collectors were able to get their hands on them. You can read more about that in this thread here from 2003.

If you really want to build those controllers, the schematics are actually attachments in that thread. :D

I think this is pretty cool - it's the 2 page Atari 5200 "centerfold" magazine advertisment. I got this from Dan Kramer himself, and I believe this was a production mock-up. This is printed on heavy stock and if you notice it is not folded in the middle. It's cool the way the letters in the text on top are spaced to allow for the fold in the magazine. I have it hanging in a frame in my computer room. :grin:

post-41-1179664407_thumb.jpg