IGNORED

Synapse Club

classics

Never heard of it...

one of the 3 mysteries of Synapse I suppose:

. why did they stop making leading edge games and swap to boring office apps ?

I can help you with this one.

They were commissioned by Atari (they were a steadfast Atari dev house) to make the office suite. Atari later was bought out and simply declined to pay Synapse.

Meanwhile, Synapse has moved their game development to Interactive Fiction, just as the market for this was both drying up and becoming glutted.

I miss Synapse and lament the lack of info about such a significant company. I wish I could talk with some folks who worked there. I hear Ihor lives around here (Seattle area.)

Synapse mystery #4: why didn't Atari steal "Alley Cat" for its XEGS library? Best (to most gamers) forgotten arcade game of the '80s.

Aye!

Actually for me it wasn't forgotten, I just discovered it for the first time in the past 6 months. Damn good game, wish I'd known about it 15-20 years ago...

I never knew there was an Atari version, I grew up with the PC version instead. The Atari version is slightly easier on the eye, but I still prefer the PC version (The pink! The cyan! My eyes are bleeding!!!)

Tempest