IGNORED

exe and com to xex convertors

is there a pc program that will batch convert pc formatted atari exe and com files to xex (i'm guessing the headers are the same) or is it a case of converting them by hand by renaming the extensions, namely exe/com to xex (over 2000 of the blighters)

Also, is there a pc program that will convert pc formatted atari 'bin' files (not cartridge format) to either exe or com or xex or atr (i have about 40 files i downloaded eon's ago and they only work using the 'load executable' option on atari800win+ and i want to 'drag and drop' them like you can do for exe/com/xex/atr etc files)

Also, is there a 'definative' list of all Atari atr/exe/com/xex etc files on the internet and what configs they best work with on atari800win+

i.e what o/s' s are the files comatible with, are they still copy protected (i.e. won't work with sio patch on) and whether basic should be enabled/disabled etc

File extensions on the Atari don't matter in most cases.

A valid EXE or XEX file just has $FF,$FF as it's first two bytes.

XEX, COM, EXE are essentially the same internally - and Atari DOSes (at least the simplistic root-only ones) don't store any extra file attributes in the directory entry.

So, for that one - easiest way in XP would be to just fire up a CMD window and

REN *.EXE *.XEX

REN *.COM *.XEX

Most commercial games were just bootables, so XEX versions are no-doubt pirated and won't have copy protection.

As for config info - all you really have is XL compatible or not, how much RAM it needs, and whether it needs BASIC.