IGNORED

Question about 4-port 5200's rf modulator.

SINGLE TOOTH

I have a couple 4-port 5200's but I only had one of the special RF modulators that you plug the power into. Now, I have zero, because the modulator decided to fry on me. I took apart my 5200, and noticed there is a RCA jack inside much like the 2600s where the RF cable is attached. I was wondering if it would be possible to send power down the existing RF cord and hook up a different RF cord for the video out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a couple 4-port 5200's but I only had one of the special RF modulators that you plug the power into. Now, I have zero, because the modulator decided to fry on me. I took apart my 5200, and noticed there is a RCA jack inside much like the 2600s where the RF cable is attached. I was wondering if it would be possible to send power down the existing RF cord and hook up a different RF cord for the video out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I tried this method and it would not work. I sent power down through the RF cable, and put my mulitmeter on the unused RCA jack inside the unit, and it was pumping power out through there. Do not do this method.