IGNORED

Missing In Action

Mitch

You better hope Chuck Norris and his extra fist don't catch wind of your opinion...

post-5036-1182966695_thumb.jpg

Ha ha... what are you guys saying! I was kidding. I love this game. Its the best thing I have ever played... please... believe me, Mr. Norris. You are a greek god.

Vinnie

It's too late Vinnie. He's probably going to kill us just for reading it.

In all seriousness, I just played a bunch more, and I really like this one. I wish this had been fully complete, but as is, it's well worth the money.

You better hope Chuck Norris and his extra fist don't catch wind of your opinion...

post-5036-1182966695_thumb.jpg

Ha ha... what are you guys saying! I was kidding. I love this game. Its the best thing I have ever played... please... believe me, Mr. Norris. You are a greek god.

Vinnie

Dont sweat it man!its okay!

Edited by Rik

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticle...ticle56107.html

Chuck's email: cnorris at wnd.com

Allan

Is that for real? Man, after reading that I hope he never does run for president! ;)

..Al

I hope not!never know nowadays,if true,whoever wrote that had better get ready for a LAW SUIT!sounds like a joke to me!

Edited by Rik

OK, at long last here it is. :)

Please find attached a CC2 compatible BIN file and an emu compatible A78 file.

(Note: none of the 7800 emus currently fully support MIA) For CC2 users, use 78SC_BIG 78BIOS.

Remember for standard play, put the left difficulty switch in the left position and the right difficulty switch in the right position.

For those of you who would like to purchase a cartridge, please send an email to: mia at atari7800.org

The price is $35 plus shipping and includes a cartridge and manual.

The first run will have hand numbered cartridges, after that there will a standard unnumbered release.

Mitch

E-mail sent!!!!!

OK, at long last here it is. :)

Please find attached a CC2 compatible BIN file and an emu compatible A78 file.

(Note: none of the 7800 emus currently fully support MIA) For CC2 users, use 78SC_BIG 78BIOS.

Remember for standard play, put the left difficulty switch in the left position and the right difficulty switch in the right position.

For those of you who would like to purchase a cartridge, please send an email to: mia at atari7800.org

The price is $35 plus shipping and includes a cartridge and manual.

The first run will have hand numbered cartridges, after that there will a standard unnumbered release.

Mitch

Just finding out about this. E-mail being sent to you now. Been in summer school for the semester. Great to be back. Thanks to all for making this game possible. I always wanted this game since I learned about it. Wish i had known earlier so i could've gotten a numbered copy, but I'm sure I'll love this game anyway. Thanks guys.

Jeff

So, after many hours of play, I am fully ready to completely disagree with anyone not pleased with this game. I think it's like Karatka 7800 meets Double Dragon 7800, in that it has better graphics than Double Dragon and better collision detection than Karateka. I find the fighting reminds me of good versions of Karateka, and mixing that up with guns, platforming stages, and speed boats is pretty great. My final review of the game: 80%.

By the way, who wins a gayest jump contest, long jumping Chuck or the guy from Impossible Mission?

My final review of the game: 80%.

Good. You can add it to the TAT 7800 scores. :D

I thought the game was pretty good. It might have been REALLY good if they had finished it. The graphics are some of the nicest on the 7800. The gameplay could have been a bit better with tweaks though.

Now, who's experienced enough to hack the bugs and smooth the rough edges? :cool:

Now, who's experienced enough to hack the bugs and smooth the rough edges? :cool:

I think a fixed version is in the works. When it will get reprogrammed is up in the air but a little birdie told me it will eventually get done. I don't care if it does get done anytime soon myself cause it is 90ish percent complete which might be a big reason it would get the back burner by programmers to finish cause as-is it's a playable game.

Hey, I don't have the patience to read all the pages here, but is this:

Missing In Action

Level 3: Underworld Excursion

Mmm.... The sewers! Well, it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it! Fight your way through the sewers, while jumping holes and killing more bad guys. Unfortunately the collision detection on this level is completely buggy, so the holes in the floor don't line up with the hole graphics. While this isn't too bad a the start of the level, it becomes impossible to get around after a point, so you must use the level skip cheat to get to the next area.

still considered to be the case? I used to die at that place where you automatically fall through the floor when the gun guy appears (after that beat up looking wall), but I found out how to get past him. Then I started dying in the part where you fall through the normal ground, but then I found out the pattern to get across the next three jumps (hint: stand on the grate and not the stone). Now I'm trying to map the next part, which is a tad confusing, but I think it's do able.

Edited by Atarifever

still considered to be the case? I used to die at that place where you automatically fall through the floor when the gun guy appears (after that beat up looking wall), but I found out how to get past him. Then I started dying in the part where you fall through the normal ground, but then I found out the pattern to get across the next three jumps (hint: stand on the grate and not the stone). Now I'm trying to map the next part, which is a tad confusing, but I think it's do able.

There is only 2 levels that need to be skipped threw to get past and the sewer is not one of them.

There is only 2 levels that need to be skipped threw to get past and the sewer is not one of them.

That's what I thought. Wait a second... what's the second one? You need to skip the pimp, but everything else is doable.

Edited by Atarifever

If you can beat the sewer level then I'd be very surprised. The sewer level and the one after it are the two that I've never been able to pass.

Mitch

If you can beat the sewer level then I'd be very surprised. The sewer level and the one after it are the two that I've never been able to pass.

Mitch

K gotta go play it agian cause I was sure it was a different level you can't beat. Does the sewer have the other boss you can't hit? I know its embassy 1 and then another where the boss collision dectection was messed (or not even there).

Mitch

Well, I think the sewer is passable. I'm working on it, and have figured my way around some of the glitches I thought were unpassable. At first I thought the reason the sewer was impassable was because of that gun guy who kills you just by appearing, but you can get past him by making sure you are as far left as possible when you kill the guy before him. As I mentioned, the next part with the seemingly random fall throughs is passable by standing on the first grate and then long jumping twice. The part after that has an invisible fall through, but i'm working on finding the "land".

Well, I think the sewer is passable. I'm working on it, and have figured my way around some of the glitches I thought were unpassable. At first I thought the reason the sewer was impassable was because of that gun guy who kills you just by appearing, but you can get past him by making sure you are as far left as possible when you kill the guy before him. As I mentioned, the next part with the seemingly random fall throughs is passable by standing on the first grate and then long jumping twice. The part after that has an invisible fall through, but i'm working on finding the "land".

I think I've made about 80% through the sewer then I get to one spot that I've never been able to pass. The sewer and the embassy are the only two levels I've not been able to pass.

Mitch

I think I've made about 80% through the sewer then I get to one spot that I've never been able to pass. The sewer and the embassy are the only two levels I've not been able to pass.

Mitch

Well the embassy part 1 is actually 100 percent impossible in the games current state do to boss not having a completed collision detection routine that is for sure. I'm gonna see what I can do in the sewer I swear I beat it but then agian I got a memory like a siv.

I couldn't pass the sewers either. There's the one spot where I just fall through.

Seems we need a "Nintendo-power style map" for this one level, just to show where the holes are.

I assume that this is not yet working on an emulator, though, right? Does anyone have a screen-capture card?

-John

I couldn't pass the sewers either. There's the one spot where I just fall through.

Like I said, if it's the part where the machine gun guy appears, just make sure you kill the guy before him right at the left of the screen and you'll be fine.