IGNORED

21 Atari XL XE Cassette

WOOOOOW! I just won 21 Atari XL XE Cassette on e-Bay! :lust:

The list!

Speed Run, Gun Law, Las Vegas, Footballer of the year ,Decathlon, Fantastic Soccer ,ProGolf ,Storm, Missile Command, Star Raiders, Asteroids, Centipede, Airstrike 2, Red Max, Savage Pond, Up Up and Away, Cloak of Death, Leaper, Quest for Eternity,

American Road Race and Microrhythm. Most of these games I have no idae what they are but any way I'll be braking in my XC12! :cool:

The list!

Speed Run, Gun Law, Las Vegas, Footballer of the year ,Decathlon, Fantastic Soccer ,ProGolf ,Storm, Missile Command, Star Raiders, Asteroids, Centipede, Airstrike 2, Red Max, Savage Pond, Up Up and Away, Cloak of Death, Leaper, Quest for Eternity,

American Road Race and Microrhythm. Most of these games I have no idae what they are but any way I'll be braking in my XC12! :cool:

A mixed bag of games indeed... all fairly interesting some will hold your attention longer than others... Did you get the red rat version or the byte back version of speed run? (Microrythm is kind of fun, it's a digital drum program, ultimately not very useful but I used to love playing around with it)

The list!

A mixed bag of games indeed... all fairly interesting some will hold your attention longer than others... Did you get the red rat version or the byte back version of speed run? (Microrythm is kind of fun, it's a digital drum program, ultimately not very useful but I used to love playing around with it)

I'll let you know about "Speed Run" when I get in. I just hope all work ok, if not I'll have to look for cas file of them, if I can find them. :ponder: Microrythm is a digital drum program, my kids are going to like that!

You might also want to look into getting one of those Czech turbocassette players. I tried to get one years ago, and will have to see about renewing my efforts to buy one. :)

I've been looking at the mods for the a turbo XC12 but I don't know much about the turbo loaders and what's needed, :? most of the mods I've seen aren't in English and same goes for the loaders. :? One other thing I have two copies of BBSB not a one of them seem to run on my 1200XL. :?

I'll let you know about "Speed Run" when I get in. I just hope all work ok, if not I'll have to look for cas file of them, if I can find them. :ponder: Microrythm is a digital drum program, my kids are going to like that!

Did you get that lot from the UK?

We have most of those as .cas files at Atarimania, if the cassettes don't work, but there's nothing like having the original media

BTW - You mentioned BBSB not working on your 1200XL - is that on cart or cassette?

Did you get that lot from the UK?

We have most of those as .cas files at Atarimania, if the cassettes don't work, but there's nothing like having the original media

BTW - You mentioned BBSB not working on your 1200XL - is that on cart or cassette?

Most of the cassette I have are from the UK. 98% of them work just fine, here in the US Atari cassette are hard to find and BBSB is on cassette.

Edited by walter_J64bit

Oh, my bad. Yes the lot of tapes is coming from the UK :cool: I hope you better luck with BBSB on your 1200XL.

Well, I have a few BBSB cassettes. If one works on on of my 1200XLs, I'd be happy to let you have it. I'm guessing that your machine works OK with other cassettes...

And, you can download .cas files for most of those games from Atarimania, so you'll have a better idea of what to expect. There are some decent games there.

:)

Oh, my bad. Yes the lot of tapes is coming from the UK :cool: I hope you better luck with BBSB on your 1200XL.

Well, I have a few BBSB cassettes. If one works on on of my 1200XLs, I'd be happy to let you have it. I'm guessing that your machine works OK with other cassettes...

And, you can download .cas files for most of those games from Atarimania, so you'll have a better idea of what to expect. There are some decent games there.

:)

you'll let have me have BBSB cool! I'll PM you!

david c and walter 64....the czech turbo upgrades for the a8 were a bit hit and miss and only worked with certain european games (hacked of course)

A better option would be 'rambit' by Rambit themselves or the company they sold the upgrade to, Microdiscount (derek fern/firn)

At least with the rambit upgrade, it came with software that allowed you to convert all your own tape collections to load at higher baud rate (unfortunately it wouldn't work on any 'non standard' tape loaders', i.e EA, English SW co., Novagen, USG/Synsoft etc)

I've still got a mini collection of 30-50 games if any one is interested (all orig's, not in orig. packaging) as they were all dupes from the larger collection which death trap now has