IGNORED

Best 2600 Games for 5200 Fans

Scihorror

I've been wondering for a while which 2600 games do 5200 fans find as absolutely essential and why. Here's my list:

Stargate - Great gameplay; extremely close to the arcade for the 2600

Millipede - excellent game; simply mandatory

Road Runner - excellent arcade port; not released on any other system

Adventure - just because!

River Raid. Great game! But 5200 version is better if you use a digital stick like Masterplay/Redemption.

Kaboom! Because of the paddle controller. The 2600 version seems a bit faster and harder than the A8 version, incidentally.

Enduro. Best 2600 racer, I will never tire of it. (snicker)

Circus Atari. Again, the paddles. Nothing else like using them , except perhaps using the Wiimote.

• 1 month later...
I've been wondering for a while which 2600 games do 5200 fans find as absolutely essential and why. Here's my list:

Stargate - Great gameplay; extremely close to the arcade for the 2600

Millipede - excellent game; simply mandatory

Road Runner - excellent arcade port; not released on any other system

Adventure - just because!

Excellent choice of games there. Roadrunner is awesome for the 2600, but it is also on the NES. I have both versions. The NES version is alot easier, but i like the 2600 one better because of the challenge.

Adventure got the most play on my 2600 back in the day, but my neighbor who used to work at Atari back then used to bring me prototypes of great games like... "Pac-Man", and no the prototype didn't play any better than the released craptacular. In fact little did I know that Pac-Man would be my first Game Testing gig in a long line of game testing gigs.

He brought over other games all the time, great guy, wish I knew where he was today I'd have to thank him for a lot of things.

Space Invaders

Warlords

Freeway (Something about the Chicken and the Road used to make me laugh all the time)

Laser Blast (Very satisfying "Death from Above" feel)

-A.