IGNORED

How much is 5200 worth and where can I find working parts?

Baconbitz

I recently picked up a 5200 at a yardsale and it has two wires in the back and that is is. I don't know what I'm missing and where I can get it. I also was wondering how much it is worth.

The 5200 is worth it's size in gold. :) I don't really know how much they are worth, but you probly got a good deal. How much did u pay?

How many Joystick ports do you have in the front of the unit? 2 or 4?

What do you mean by having 2 wires coming out the back? There should only be one wire coming out (the RF cable.) Unless that wire is stripped down. Are they bare wires, or do they have connectors on them?

The Power cord plugs into the 5200 if it is a 2 port system, or it plugs into the RF Modulator if it is a 4-port system.

I recently picked up a 5200 at a yardsale and it has two wires in the back and that is is. I don't know what I'm missing and where I can get it. I also was wondering how much it is worth.

The 5200 is worth it's size in gold. :) I don't really know how much they are worth, but you probly got a good deal. How much did u pay?

What do you mean by having 2 wires coming out the back? There should only be one wire coming out (the RF cable.) Unless that wire is stripped down. Are they bare wires, or do they have connectors on them?

The Power cord plugs into the 5200 if it is a 2 port system, or it plugs into the RF Modulator if it is a 4-port system.

Its the 4 port and I payed 5 bucks for it. Its missing peices.

Missing pieces? As in missing actual parts, or do you just mean the console itself with no hookups or controllers?

If it is a 4-Port, there should only be one wire that is connected to the unit and cant be removed. (Without taking the case apart). So you have the 4-port system, and that is all you got? No controllers, power adapters...I still dont konw what you mean when you say there is 2 wires comming out of it...Im trying to understand so i can help you out.

If it is a 4-Port, there should only be one wire that is connected to the unit and cant be removed. (Without taking the case apart). So you have the 4-port system, and that is all you got? No controllers, power adapters...I still dont konw what you mean when you say there is 2 wires comming out of it...Im trying to understand so i can help you out.

My mistake it's 1 port.

My mistake it's 1 port.

Sorry dude they only came out with 2-port or 4-port. Look at the front again.

My mistake it's 1 port.

Sorry dude they only came out with 2-port or 4-port. Look at the front again.

1 port. I meant 1 wire.

Hm... :o

If I didn't know any better, I would say this guy is giving us the business.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/dan...Atari5200_1.jpg, http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/dan...Atari5200_2.jpg

Thats proof that I'm not giving you the business. I was really tired when I wrote that.

Maybe were going the wrong way...Here look at your front of your 5200. There's should be number of ports. Tell us what you see?

so he needs the AC adapter and the RF box, boy that was easy.

Plus the controllers. (Where can I get them?) Also how much with all the peices is it worth?

its worth $5 to me like it is... :)

Are you going to get the parts and then sell it? 5200 stuff is usually pretty expensive. I don't think you would get out what you would have to put in.

no, he probably wouldn't make any profit on the system as is without any games. I bought my 5200 off of ebay complete with about 12 games and I only paid $26 after shipping costs. The switch box, ac adapter, and good working controller is probably going to cost him about $35-40$ alone, that being that a rebuilt controller on ebay are around $29 themselves.

no, he probably wouldn't make any profit on the system as is without any games. I bought my 5200 off of ebay complete with about 12 games and I only paid $26 after shipping costs. The switch box, ac adapter, and good working controller is probably going to cost him about $35-40$ alone, that being that a rebuilt controller on ebay are around $29 themselves.

That was a nice buy.