IGNORED

Why are these games so ugly?

A Sprite

post-12969-1180770037_thumb.jpg

post-12969-1180770815_thumb.jpg

The 2600 was ahead of it's time as far as the pallette available to a developer, so how did these two arcade ports become so purple? Does anyone know?

Perhaps you are running the PAL versions on an NTSC emulator? You cannot even see the HP bars in double dragon, and the bottom of the screen is cut off in Ikari Warrios. There are also graphics glitches being displayed on the right edge of double dragon.

These games will run perfectly (and you will see proper colors) if you use MESS' new a2600(pal) driver that is currently in development.

Does anyone know if that PAL games in NTSC emmulation is generally a problem with 7800 screenshots too? All the screenshots I see always have colours way different (far more washed out) than what the hardware does.

This one of Donkey Kong from "The Atari Times" is a good example.

http://www.ataritimes.com/photo.php?Image=.../donkeykong.gif

Mine just looks like Donkey Kong, without the odd coloured face and body (or at least, it doesn't look like that). I'm connecting through a gold plated F type adapter though, so maybe mine is just cleaner or something.

Edited by Atarifever

Does anyone know if that PAL games in NTSC emmulation is generally a problem with 7800 screenshots too? All the screenshots I see always have colours way different (far more washed out) than what the hardware does.

This one of Donkey Kong from "The Atari Times" is a good example.

http://www.ataritimes.com/photo.php?Image=.../donkeykong.gif

Mine just looks like Donkey Kong, without the odd coloured face and body (or at least, it doesn't look like that). I'm connecting through a gold plated F type adapter though, so maybe mine is just cleaner or something.

The Pro System emulator has some color issues. Look at Joust, the initial wave of enemies should be red but in the emu they're purple. The title screen of Galaga is yellow when it should be green. Mario's clothes in Mario Bros are blue and purple instead of blue and red.