IGNORED

Dragon's Lair (Jaguar CD) problem

two-rok

hi there,

i was wondering if anyone can help me here

i have Dragon's Lair CD (Original) which i bought on ebay, but i have a problem playing it on my Jaguar CD, it shows a disc read error right in the beggining (on the bridge), but the disc isn't scratched, and being an original un-scratched i guess it should play well, all my other jaguar cd's play well so my jaguar cd unit seems ok.

i tried to backup my dragon's lair anc check if it shows the same error, and it did, also i've goggled and found a download for it (i have the original so it is not illegal, at least not in my country), and the downloaded version also shows the same error.

i was looking for a solution for this problem as Dragon's Lair is one of the games i wanted to play bad on the Jag CD (i'm a noob on the jag by the way, i have it only for two months but i love it and wanted to play Jag CD version of Dragon's Lair)

best regards to all,

cheers

hi

really? but Space Ace works fine, and i saw some british sellers on ebay selling Dragon's Lair (even though i bought mine from a US seller)

i'm european indeed mate :) but not british, i'm from portugal, but i mainly practice my english talking with british people, so you catched my british soul :)

Edited by two-rok

hi

really? but Space Ace works fine, and i saw some british sellers on ebay selling Dragon's Lair (even though i bought mine from a US seller)

i'm european indeed mate :) but not british, i'm from portugal, but i mainly practice my english talking with british people, so you catched my british soul :)

I think what kevincal wanted to point out is the fact that you will need a NTSC Jaguar in order to play Dragon´s Lair. I believe that this is due to some timing issues. Definately, Dragon´s Lair will not work on a PAL Jaguar.

Space Ace is not affected and should be playing fine on a PAL and a NTSC Jaguar.

In order to find out if you have a NTSC Jaguar take a look on the back side. If there is a two-way switch just beside the video output (RCA/Cinch jack) then you´ve got a NTSC Jaguar. If there is no switch then it´s a PAL Jaguar. As far as my researches and tests go, it will not help to modify a PAL Jaguar to run at 60 Hz to play the game.

Edited by jaguar_fan

The 60Hz mod will work just fine :)

I only have PAL Jaguars, three of them have the mod and play Dragon's Lair flawless.

Interesting point. I only have one PAL Jaguar which is modified to 60 Hz. It won´t play Dragon´s Lair :(

May be it´s just a coincidence....

I have plenty of NTSC Jaguars, however, no need to worry about :)

• 8 years later...

I tried running the game on Europe jag, the game loads up fine then starts to jump and reset on the intro screen.

After starting the game, on the bridge the game will freeze and display a message.

I can run other jag cd games flawlessly, even space ace.

I will try running the game on my NTSC jag and let you know

post-46246-0-14704100-1461432800_thumb.jpg

post-46246-0-38722100-1461432814_thumb.jpg

Edited by RetroSanctum