IGNORED

Malfunctioning 1200XL keyboard

lord_mike

A few weeks ago, I talked about buying a replacement 1050 drive to fix my malfunctioning one, and hooking up my old 1200XL to it... well, the drive works, and the computer works... I had bend running old games just great... but today, I decided to work on BASIC programs and... well.... half the keys don't work... :(

I resurrected a few of them by typing repeatedly (probably decrustifying some of them... the machine was pretty dusty when I pulled it out of storage), but about half still don't function at all, including space and return...

In despair, I turned to this site and found some hope... :) I read several posts from people who were able to resurrect their malfunctioning keyboards using an unspecified "1200XL keyboard repair guide," that is buried somewhere on this site. I guess my problem is pretty common... which is great, but, I have a new problem... I'll be darned if I can actually find this keyboard repair guide here or anywhere else on the 'net!... :(

If anyone can post a link, instructions, or any advice, to help me resurrect my old Atari 8-bit keyboard, I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Thanks,

Mike

In despair, I turned to this site and found some hope... :) I read several posts from people who were able to resurrect their malfunctioning keyboards using an unspecified "1200XL keyboard repair guide," that is buried somewhere on this site. I guess my problem is pretty common... which is great, but, I have a new problem... I'll be darned if I can actually find this keyboard repair guide here or anywhere else on the 'net!... :(

Check the sticky thread about restoring A8's, it's at the very top of the threadlist. This contains just want you're searching for, with photos accompanying the text. The 1200XL is worth resurrecting, so a bit of effort will not be in vain. Happy tinkering!

re-atari