IGNORED

Oh, Joyous Day!

NCN

Tomorrow could be one of the best days of my life. I get to pick up my 7800! A couple of days ago I set up a local trade with someone...My Playstation and Wild Arms for their 7800 and games. Apparently the system is boxed, as are most of the games. I don't know what the games are yet and I can't wait to find out! I'll post pictures when I get my precious system home. Woohoo! :lust:

it will then soon be the worst day of your life when you actually play the games, well at least depending on what you got, it will either be one of the worst days or the absolute worst day. Either way, it's not going to be good. lol

If you don't like the 7800, don't post in the 7800 forum. Nothing like shitting on the guys happy. :roll:

In other news,

Congrats dude, the 7800 is alot of fun and it sounds like you really got the better end of the deal just from what you have mentioned. PS1 for a boxed 7800 is a damn good deal :thumbsup:

it will then soon be the worst day of your life when you actually play the games, well at least depending on what you got, it will either be one of the worst days or the absolute worst day. Either way, it's not going to be good. lol

Oh joy another troll on the 7800 boards who likes the 5200! :roll:

Just because you didn't like the 7800, doesn't mean that you should ruin the persons happy moment. There are good games for the system like food fight, dig Dug, pac-man collection, Beefdrop, Xverious, Just, commando, ballblazer and centipede. IF you are a 5200 owner, you have a good amount of computer or arcade ports that are on the 7800.

I'd say the moment you wrote him a reply it became a pretty bad day.

Edited by Atarifever

I certainly didn't mean to start a mini firestorm with my happiness. That aside, thanks to everyone who suggested games! My first "must have" is Food Fight, no questions asked. After that, I'm going to just have fun with whatever games are included with my system and add on from there. Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate the encouraging words. :)

I certainly didn't mean to start a mini firestorm with my happiness. That aside, thanks to everyone who suggested games! My first "must have" is Food Fight, no questions asked. After that, I'm going to just have fun with whatever games are included with my system and add on from there. Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate the encouraging words. :)

Make sure you get pacman collection as noted above by others as that game is reason alone to own a 7800, and thats no joke.

I swear 90% of your posts are trolling either the 7800 or Wii boards. Don't be a douche.

Congrats dude, the 7800 is alot of fun and it sounds like you really got the better end of the deal just from what you have mentioned. PS1 for a boxed 7800 is a damn good deal :thumbsup:

Yep!

You'll have alot of fun with the 7800. The homebrew scene is getting better and better. In fact, I would say that it's stronger than the 5200 homebrew scene. There are alot of nice 80's arcade ports out there too.

Pac-Man Collection is an absolute must.

Keep track of this thread for news about another up an coming release:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108539

Sounds like it must be your first retro console and probably one that you used to have as a kid from all that excitement.

I was really excited too when I first got my Atari 800XL. I used to own one when I was a kid and I really liked it, after selling it in about 1991 it was impossible to find another one without the Internet and spent the next 9 years yearning to have one again with all the games I used to have, until the year 2000 when I first got access to the net and bought one from an online retro shop.

Again, I ask the question:

why do you post here? Do you get a woody from being a troll?

Tomorrow could be one of the best days of my life. I get to pick up my 7800! A couple of days ago I set up a local trade with someone...My Playstation and Wild Arms for their 7800 and games. Apparently the system is boxed, as are most of the games. I don't know what the games are yet and I can't wait to find out! I'll post pictures when I get my precious system home. Woohoo! :lust:

I've spent many happy hours with Pole Position II, Ms. Pac-Man, and Galaga, all of which are excellent on the 7800. Given that they're amongst the most common games for the system, there's a good chance that you'll get to play them very soon. :)

It's amusing how good 7800 do range across the rarity spectrum.

Do your best to track down good stuff such as:

Joust

Asteroids

Xevious

Mario Bros

Ballblazer

Dig Dug

Ms. Pac-Man

Commando

Rampage

Ikari Warriors

Scrapyard Dog

Robotron 2084

Galaga is pretty good, although there are better ports out there. Hat Trick is fun if you can get two people, and I enjoyed Donkey Kong and DK Junior, even though they're pretty much just the NES ones with weaker sound. And of course, Beef Drop is worth your time :P

You know, I sat down with my 7800 today for a bit of gaming goodness (but sadly, most of the games I own are real stinkers in my book) and was pleasantly surprised by Xenophobe! It went from one of those games where I might classify it as an "Eh, at least it works..." to what must be one of my favorite games for the 7800!

Also, I've heard nothing but good reviews about Tower Toppler, yet I don't understand what is so fun about this game. I really seem to suck at it (which is probably the problem here) - I am on the first level and can't figure out how to evade the simple, rolling green ball...

Anyway, enjoy the 7800! Get a pair of good controllers for it (heck - even a pair of responsive pro-lines) and I'm sure that it will entertain you. That's a heck of a nice find to get a boxed 7800 with boxed games! I wish I could score a deal like that!

I'd be overjoyed with the prospect of a boxed system and games as well so I understand the exuberance. I was very pleased when I got my system and game lot and they were all lose. I still don't have a single boxed 7800 game. That aside I hope the OP has a blast with his new acquisition.

The bit of argument above confounds me. I really can't conceive how anyone that loves one particular Atari system and can loathe another. I think they're all great. And not just Atari but all of the classic consoles and computers. Each has it's particular aspects and game selections to enjoy. Plus it's fun, I think anyways, to play the same titles on different systems and compare the differences and similarities. Why settle on a snack when you can have a banquet instead?