IGNORED

Oh, Joyous Day!

NCN

You know, I sat down with my 7800 today for a bit of gaming goodness (but sadly, most of the games I own are real stinkers in my book) and was pleasantly surprised by Xenophobe! It went from one of those games where I might classify it as an "Eh, at least it works..." to what must be one of my favorite games for the 7800!

Also, I've heard nothing but good reviews about Tower Toppler, yet I don't understand what is so fun about this game. I really seem to suck at it (which is probably the problem here) - I am on the first level and can't figure out how to evade the simple, rolling green ball...

Anyway, enjoy the 7800! Get a pair of good controllers for it (heck - even a pair of responsive pro-lines) and I'm sure that it will entertain you. That's a heck of a nice find to get a boxed 7800 with boxed games! I wish I could score a deal like that!

I agree with you on Tower Toppler, I can't get past level one either :sad:

I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing Dark Caverns last night though :)

Make sure and grab a couple of Genesis controllers. The prolines suck (IMHO of course)

I don't know if that should really be considered opinion anymore - in my book, that's a FACT! :) They were a nice idea and they look like they should work great, but somebody screwed them up bigtime on the insides... The buttons always feel like they're breaking every time I press them and the joystick... I really don't have any good description for the joystick. Every pro-line I've used (including one that I *think* came from Best Electronics) has felt like there was something wrong with it.

You know, I sat down with my 7800 today for a bit of gaming goodness (but sadly, most of the games I own are real stinkers in my book) and was pleasantly surprised by Xenophobe! It went from one of those games where I might classify it as an "Eh, at least it works..." to what must be one of my favorite games for the 7800!

Also, I've heard nothing but good reviews about Tower Toppler, yet I don't understand what is so fun about this game. I really seem to suck at it (which is probably the problem here) - I am on the first level and can't figure out how to evade the simple, rolling green ball...

Anyway, enjoy the 7800! Get a pair of good controllers for it (heck - even a pair of responsive pro-lines) and I'm sure that it will entertain you. That's a heck of a nice find to get a boxed 7800 with boxed games! I wish I could score a deal like that!

I agree with you on Tower Toppler, I can't get past level one either :sad:

I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing Dark Caverns last night though :)

Do you suppose there is a cure for this disease? I want to be one of those happy people in the Tower Toppler commercial who play the game without sucking at it! ;)

Playing Dark Caverns? You sure? Was it Dark Cavern with the robots and junk, Dark Chambers with the letter levels, or something I've never heard of?

Dunno if they are still there, but one of the local game stores had a handful of common carts. IIRC, they were Asteroids, Joust, Touchdown Football, and two others...I think those were Centipede and Ms Pac Man. Another store has Pole Position II.

I agree with the idea of grabbing commons. Joust and Asteroids are very common (for 7800 titles) and a lot of fun. The three Nintendo titles are also good to have. Just about any arcade port is going to be fun to play.

I also happened to like the Froggo titles. I'm not saying you should break down and buy them, but I had to throw that in just to mess with Vinnie a little bit. :P

Do you suppose there is a cure for this disease? I want to be one of those happy people in the Tower Toppler commercial who play the game without sucking at it! ;)

lol.

I doubt many people will think TOWER TOPPLER is easy. I've actually beaten it (though the last TOWER was a pain) but it took a lot of work and some time to get into the groove of the game as a whole.

You know what I've actually come to enjoy watching on Youtube is "longplay" videos. Check out the one for Nebulus (Tower Toppler).

Until I saw a couple reviews of Nebulus on there a couple weeks back I had no idea it was another computer port. The one for the

is probably the most impressive port I've ever seen (game to hardware wise). Edited by Atarifever

How do's, NCN.

Nice trade; 'round our way you'd easily be on the winning side there. PS1's are cheap and cheerful, but 7800's are few and far between.

All this talk of the favourite games reminds me; does your's have a built-in game? Everyone seems to have mentioned Asteroids, which is exactly what's built in to mine. It's a nice version of it, but perhaps it should have been called Meatballs instead.

Playing Dark Caverns? You sure? Was it Dark Cavern with the robots and junk, Dark Chambers with the letter levels, or something I've never heard of?

Dunno if they are still there, but one of the local game stores had a handful of common carts. IIRC, they were Asteroids, Joust, Touchdown Football, and two others...I think those were Centipede and Ms Pac Man. Another store has Pole Position II.

I agree with the idea of grabbing commons. Joust and Asteroids are very common (for 7800 titles) and a lot of fun. The three Nintendo titles are also good to have. Just about any arcade port is going to be fun to play.

I also happened to like the Froggo titles. I'm not saying you should break down and buy them, but I had to throw that in just to mess with Vinnie a little bit. :P

Doh, Dark Chambers is what I meant to type, really should get some sleep once in a while!

How do's, NCN.

Nice trade; 'round our way you'd easily be on the winning side there. PS1's are cheap and cheerful, but 7800's are few and far between.

All this talk of the favourite games reminds me; does your's have a built-in game? Everyone seems to have mentioned Asteroids, which is exactly what's built in to mine. It's a nice version of it, but perhaps it should have been called Meatballs instead.

Just the European ones had Asteroids built in

Asteroids was only built in on the PAL released 7800 systems. The NTSC released 7800s didn't include a game built in. Though they did include Pole Position II as a pack-in initially.

With a little TLC the NTSC 7800 can have asteroids on board also. I know mine does.

Asteroids was only built in on the PAL released 7800 systems. The NTSC released 7800s didn't include a game built in. Though they did include Pole Position II as a pack-in initially.

With a little TLC the NTSC 7800 can have asteroids on board also. I know mine does.

care to share?

So did you get it yet?

I guess the day was so joyous you were too busy to post :)

Actually I got delayed. :sad:

Apparently she is a busy person, so it's going to be a pain to nail down a timeframe. I guess you have to work toward the good things, right? I'll keep everyone posted, and hopefully today is the day. I'm anxious!

Edited by NCN

To get Asteroids to be built into the NTSC 7800, I believe you need a modified bios chip to replace the original. Or was it that you add an asteroids masked rom to the empty spot on the 7800 mobo? I can't recall exactly. But since I own Asteroids physcially, and I have Eckart's DevOS bios installed already into my 7800, I'm not needing any more Mods anytime soon.

To get Asteroids to be built into the NTSC 7800, I believe you need a modified bios chip to replace the original. Or was it that you add an asteroids masked rom to the empty spot on the 7800 mobo? I can't recall exactly. But since I own Asteroids physcially, and I have Eckart's DevOS bios installed already into my 7800, I'm not needing any more Mods anytime soon.

You could just use a cart and some duct tape.

Awesome!I'm sure you're going to love it!The 7800 has exclusive games for it,that were not made for other systems,like MIDNIGHT MUTANTS,and probably a few more.BE sure to get FOOD FIGHT,MIDNIGHT MUTANTS,TOWER TOPPLER,DIG-DUG,CROSSBOW,BALLBLAZER.These are the favorites that I own,there's quite a few other good ones.I love the 7800!Make sure the power supply works,although its boxed,some little GREMLINS could have gotten into it,try it out BEFORE TAKING IT!

Edited by Rik

it will then soon be the worst day of your life when you actually play the games, well at least depending on what you got, it will either be one of the worst days or the absolute worst day. Either way, it's not going to be good. lol

Why diss someones excitement?you should be happy for the guy,were're all classic game lovers here,no sense in discouraging. :?

Edited by Rik

...and I spoke too soon. :sad:

I guess someone got to her and told her it was a "bad deal" for her. She ended up selling it to someone. God, I'm pissed. I guess it's back to square one. What a bummer.

...and I spoke too soon. :sad:

I guess someone got to her and told her it was a "bad deal" for her. She ended up selling it to someone. God, I'm pissed. I guess it's back to square one. What a bummer.

Well, you win some, you lose some. I've had stuff bought out from under me before - and honestly, if both people are happy with the deal (assuming that no deception has been involved) then it's a fair deal.

You'll get a 7800 - they aren't impossible to get. :) Maybe there's a better deal just around the corner.

Yeah, Do tell....I would like to do this.