IGNORED

1983 Sears Wish Book Catalog Scans NSFW

SINGLE TOOTH

Here are a couple of scans I used without permission from http://www.wishbookweb.com/.

There are some steamy scans posted here. Make sure you have your mommies permission.

I never knew the 5200 trakball was $90!!!

SearsWishbook-1983-P605.jpg

SearsWishbook-1983-P606.jpg

SearsWishbook-1983-P607.jpg

Was this Intellivision Synthesizer ever released? I never heard about it.

SearsWishbook-1983-P603.jpg

Forgive the image linking, but i have no idea how to upload the pics to the forum.

it isn't that tough to put pictures in. All you have to do is upload an attachment (IE: the picture itself that you have saved on your hard drive), then click on the little button with the picture on it (just to the left of the button with the envelope and a plus sign on it).

And then you can stop stealing bandwidth from some website! I suggest you do it now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
those are awesome. made me feel like a kid again. i used to save those sears catalogs....

I just noticed that in the ad for the 5200, they tout prominently the amount of ram in the system. I remember ram being a selling point for computers back then, but not being a talking point for home video game consoles. I don't think there were "ram wars" like there was later to be the "bit wars."

probably back then when bits didn't matter, i mean the intellevision was 16-bit, but nobody is saying it competed with the SNES or Genny. So i'm sure the gaming back then was measured by the amount of RAM before bits. At least thats my thought on the matter.

I just noticed that in the ad for the 5200, they tout prominently the amount of ram in the system. I remember ram being a selling point for computers back then, but not being a talking point for home video game consoles. I don't think there were "ram wars" like there was later to be the "bit wars."

That was the whole point, at that time, computers were the "next big thing" so if you could equate a game console to a computer in some way ("All the strength of a home computer built in"), you were a marketing genius.