IGNORED

Shadow of the Beast & Menace for A8

Heh. Well. Those guys are f*cking insane spectrum-dorks.. Theres no way in hell that even begins to compete with the amiga version.

Part of it is hyperbole but the important element of a game is it's playability and that can be reproduced from a graphically rich game to an 8-bit; Shadow Of The Beast hasn't got much of a game to start with on the Amiga and it's not particularly well tuned to my mind, if the Spectrum version (which i'll admit that i played twice for five minutes a pop) repairs some of these issues it could well be a better game.

Thats like saying that the 2600 version of pacman kicks the humbled COIN OP version's arse (ass)

Not really, Pacman is an excellent game and Beast is generally accepted to be a so-so game with a nice wrapper.

Psygnosis did make some of the best games back then: Shadow of the Beast II and III are actually fun games, also Leander, Agony, Project X...

Umm, Project X was Team 17. =-)

ooops well what can I say my memory is not what it used to be... Team 17 made some awesome Amiga games too that didn't translate well to other platforms.

Edited by kevin242