IGNORED

Beef Drop praise and sound bug

Chris-in-NJ

Finally managed to play Beef Drop for the first time today (my 7800 had its RCA connector snap off a few weeks ago but a little bit of jiggling got me a fuzzy but playable picture).

I've got cart #71, and I've noticed that the little fanfare when the bonus item comes on sometimes plays twice, and the sound when you grab it also repeats at times. Is this a known issue?

Superb game BTW, and nowhere near as frustrating as the ColecoVision version I was playing in emulation this time last year, in which the enemies on the third board seemingly always got you if you didn't go for the two little burgers in the corner first.

I'm amazed the way the movement of the enemy food so closely matches the arcade game, which I played a few months ago.

What does the "More" option do? Are there newly-made boards after you clear the original ones? The "Atkins" option made me laugh...

Finally managed to play Beef Drop for the first time today (my 7800 had its RCA connector snap off a few weeks ago but a little bit of jiggling got me a fuzzy but playable picture).

I've got cart #71, and I've noticed that the little fanfare when the bonus item comes on sometimes plays twice, and the sound when you grab it also repeats at times. Is this a known issue?

Bonus object appear after a certain number of "parts" have dropped to the bottom (varies by board). Maybe you triggered another one to appear? Did you get two extra peppers?

Superb game BTW, and nowhere near as frustrating as the ColecoVision version I was playing in emulation this time last year, in which the enemies on the third board seemingly always got you if you didn't go for the two little burgers in the corner first.

I'm amazed the way the movement of the enemy food so closely matches the arcade game, which I played a few months ago.

Thanks. I am sure it is not perfect, but I tried to capture as much as I could.

What does the "More" option do? Are there newly-made boards after you clear the original ones? The "Atkins" option made me laugh...

More mode give you 4 more screens after the normal ones.

--Ken

All this talk recently about Beef Drop caused me to break out my copy and play it a little last night.

I also noticed the double-sounds on the bonus. It seemed to happen most on the second level, when I typically have tons of parts dropping down to the bottom, like kenfused mentioned. Doesn't happen on the other levels though since I typically have less parts falling to the bottom, or less time alive on the board to drop massive amounts of sandwich parts. :P

Unfortunately I don't get two extra peppers for the effort. Just the one. So the double-sound is almost like the game's way of taunting me for screwing up by doing too good of a job.