IGNORED

value of ATR8000 & Speedway Blast cart

y-bot

Hello! I just bought a collection of Atari 8-bit stuff and I am curious what these are worth? The Speeway Blast cart is a little discolored and the label has a dent in the back. I haven't tested the ATR8000 yet. It has lots of paperwork and some software for it. There is paperwork for the Co-Power 88 but I don't think it's there. It's not the piggyback board on the main unit, right? The ATR8000 case has a "64" sticker on it. There's some other unusual stuff too but I won't have time to go through it until after CGE.

Thanks, y-bot

It's really difficult to affix a value on either item, as they aren't common collectibles or even commonly known by any but a small subset of A8 enthusiasts. If you get the ATR8000 working, and get a usable setup with some 8 or 5.25" CP/M drives and floppies, I suppose someone might spend upwards of $100-$200 on it. You probably won't get more than $25 for the cartridge.

> I haven't tested the ATR8000 yet. It has lots of paperwork and some software for it. There is paperwork for the Co-Power

>88 but I don't think it's there. It's not the piggyback board on the main unit, right?

The Co-Power is a module that attaches to the bottom of the case, under the main board, with cables feeding around to a daughterboard on top. Its for MS DOS.(CP/M is probably worth a look at if you are in to it. MSDOS is really not. When it crashes, you have to reboot the atari and the atr8000, then boot cpm, then boot msdos. Really frustrating.)

>The ATR8000 case has a "64" sticker on it.

Means you have a 64K (maxed) ram version.

Rick D.

> I haven't tested the ATR8000 yet. It has lots of paperwork and some software for it. There is paperwork for the Co-Power

>88 but I don't think it's there. It's not the piggyback board on the main unit, right?

The Co-Power is a module that attaches to the bottom of the case, under the main board, with cables feeding around to a daughterboard on top. Its for MS DOS.(CP/M is probably worth a look at if you are in to it. MSDOS is really not. When it crashes, you have to reboot the atari and the atr8000, then boot cpm, then boot msdos. Really frustrating.)

>The ATR8000 case has a "64" sticker on it.

Means you have a 64K (maxed) ram version.

Rick D.

So the Co-Power is inside the ATR8000 case under the main board? Maybe it is there then. From what I read I couldn't figure out if it was a separate module or part of the main unit. Thanks for the help.

y-bot

• 1 month later...