IGNORED

dark video with 5200 to 2600 adapter

WIZZARD77

My 5200 works fine but when I use the 2600 adapter the games are dark and the colors bleed badly. My brothers system with his 2600 adapter looks great. Is there some sort of adjustment I can do. Its been cleaned and taken care of well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

My 5200 works fine but when I use the 2600 adapter the games are dark and the colors bleed badly. My brothers system with his 2600 adapter looks great. Is there some sort of adjustment I can do. Its been cleaned and taken care of well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

You could give Brad at Best Electronics a call. He may be able to help you on the phone, or by email.

Dumb question, but your 5200 isn't a four-port is it? The adaptor doesn't work with most four ports, unless it's been modified. I'm not sure what an unmodified four port would do with the 2600 adaptor plugged in. The adaptor works primarily with the two port systems.

Edited by Brian R.

• 11 months later...
FIXED IT! I used some De-Oxit electrical contact cleaner. That stuff is the best. It cleaned up the video signal and brightened the colors. There is also less video interference. Radio Shack has the stuff check it out it works great.

Cool, I'll have to try this out my 2600 adapter my is doing the same thing! :roll: