IGNORED

controller alternatives

phuzaxeman

I'm honestly surprised that nobody has attempted to do some custom controllers for the 5200 (the paddle controller nonwithstanding). I'm sure there would be a big enough market for it with the retrogaming boom still upon us.

Somebody is, though not exactly in a mass production sorta way.

Completed

post-12370-1197127195_thumb.jpgpost-12370-1197127331_thumb.jpg

First Mockup - I really like the look of this Playstation thumbstick. Unfortunately it is a very low resistance with a very low range

post-12370-1197127373_thumb.jpg

Second Mockup - using a thumbstick that will work without major custom electronics

I think I'll have to go with a black faceplate after all

post-12370-1197127455_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigO

When I try to go to the Atarihq link, I get this:

ERROR!

This website, bopp.lunarpages.com, has inappropriately reused content without permission.

The official location for documentation of products by Leximation can be found here .. docs.leximation.com

I too am looking for alternatives, in the event that I can't use/don't like the 5200 controllers when I get the system. Isn't there a 5200 to 2600 y cable thing?

ERROR!

This website, bopp.lunarpages.com, has inappropriately reused content without permission.

The official location for documentation of products by Leximation can be found here .. docs.leximation.com

I too am looking for alternatives, in the event that I can't use/don't like the 5200 controllers when I get the system. Isn't there a 5200 to 2600 y cable thing?

I emailed Dan Boris about this when I tried to look at some of his schematics. He was unaware of the issue at that time. I noticed later that the site was completely unreachable. I assume/hope that means that something is being done to resolve the issue.

ERROR!

You may be thinking of the Redemption adapter. It's considerably more than a Y-cable. There's also something called a "Masterplay" interface that you might search around for. Both solutions are fairly hard to get.

I've also seen references to a Wico joystick which can be used in place of the stock controller's joystick with the use of a Y-cable, but a separate controller controller with a working keypad is still required.

I'm working on a solution to this problem for myself (besides the full-blown replacement controller I posted recently). I still have a couple of technical things to work out in terms of what features I want to include.