IGNORED

5200 Case Question

tjb

I have a 2 port 5200 and a 4 port 5200. The 2 port model works fine but is missing the plastic piece that fits over the joystick ports. I tried removing that same piece from my 4 port model. My idea was to see if it would be possible to find a junk 2 port guy that I could salvage the piece from. I was able to remove the piece but now I can't seem to get it to fit snugly back on my 4 port guy. Is there a trick to this? It does not appear that it was glued or that I broke any pieces removing it. I can certainly glue it back on but I was hoping it would simply snap back into place. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

tjb

I have a 2 port 5200 and a 4 port 5200. The 2 port model works fine but is missing the plastic piece that fits over the joystick ports. I tried removing that same piece from my 4 port model. My idea was to see if it would be possible to find a junk 2 port guy that I could salvage the piece from. I was able to remove the piece but now I can't seem to get it to fit snugly back on my 4 port guy. Is there a trick to this? It does not appear that it was glued or that I broke any pieces removing it. I can certainly glue it back on but I was hoping it would simply snap back into place. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

tjb

EDIT... wait... are you talking about where the sticks connect at the front of the console, or the joystick storage area at the back of the console? My reply below was based on me thinking you were talking about the storage area.

The door doesn't snap or glue into place. It just sits there and is held in place when the upper and lower case halves are put together.

And AFAIK the piece should be completely interchangeable between the 2 and 4 port systems. Can't think of any reason they'd be different.

Edited by Brian R.

Thanks,

tjb

EDIT... wait... are you talking about where the sticks connect at the front of the console, or the joystick storage area at the back of the console? My reply below was based on me thinking you were talking about the storage area.

The door doesn't snap or glue into place. It just sits there and is held in place when the upper and lower case halves are put together.

And AFAIK the piece should be completely interchangeable between the 2 and 4 port systems. Can't think of any reason they'd be different.

I was referring to the piece that fits over the joystick ports.

Thanks,

tjb

Thanks,

tjb

I was referring to the piece that fits over the joystick ports.

Thanks,

tjb

Should fit fine. Only difference is, if you put the 4 port front end on a 2. you'll have your 2 regular ports and 2 spots where the other were in the middle for the 4 port.