IGNORED

Family Computing Magazine

racer raul

Back in the mid to late 80's I was the unfortunate owner of a Coco2 while my buddies had an 800xl & C64 to make fun of me.

We used to get Family Computing and looked forward to the game programs to see which computer was the best. I know... kids!

Anyways... I remember a program called "hit or miss" it was actaully a pretty cool game. It ran like crap on my coco.

Anyone know where I can find those programs? Or have the magazine with the game program to post?

I recently threw out a few vintage issues of Family Computing. It took me a long time to realize how truly awful and fluff the magazine was.

Hehe, that was their charm right? ;)

I was given a subscription as a kid and I loved them. The programs in the mag were quite silly but at that age I didn't care.

I have a full collection of them and have yet to find any disk images w/ programs on them or scans.

~telengard

I too liked Family Computing...at the time, I wasn't priviledged enough to own an Atari computer (I asked for an Atari computer, got an Atari 2600...asked again, got a Coleco Adam, 'cause that's what my cousins had).

Family Computing was one of the few magazines that dealt with the Adam. But I was also studying the other computers, knowing that SOMEDAY I would own something better.

Anyhow, I tried typing in Hit and Miss for you. There's a logic error somewhere, and now I'm too tired to figure it out. So here you go, a .TXT file and two JPG scans. Feel free to figure out where the problem is. BTW, Atari800MacX does syntax checking when bringing in a .LST file so I doubt it's an obvious error. (Rename the .TXT file as .LST and import as an executable in your emulator).

Have fun, hopefully it's not too much work for you.

-Don

HITMISS.TXT

post-3811-1187682722_thumb.jpg

post-3811-1187682744_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guitarman... had to check back for the files after the new laptop.

And thanks for fixing it... been playing & it is actually not bad of a game. Would sure love to see this one turn up on the 2600 as a cart. Looks simple enough to get something like it done on the 2600... prob better looking on a 7800.