IGNORED

how to create nice, non-interlaced atari Graphics screen

Marius

Hi folks,

Who knows how these pictures are made?

With atari 8bit program or converted from PC?

I would like to know how I could create such pictures myself (except for the part I should learn to draw) and how to get this in Atari.

I'm not interested in Interlaced techniques or other complex things. I simply need a program that let me design a clip-art like picture. The best would be to design a picture on PC, and having a good conversion program, that converts the picture in a font (or a few) ... like logo-maker does.

Drawing on atari 8bit is cool too ofcourse, but i think that is a bit more complicated. I only have a joystick... or it must be a paint program that supports the Atari ST mouse...

My interest is pictures like those I put below. As you can see: no interlace or very complex graphics modes (however the dog is using a special routine for the colours).

I know how to use 1 bit BMP pics on atari 8bit. I would like something like that, but then with colors (and a way of using a larger screen area on pc, and a conversion tool that converts is back to atari 8bit resolution)

I hope someone can help.

thanks

Marius

p.s. all pictures are screenshots from Atari XL/XE

If you are interested in not interlaced pictures, G2F editor is the best software that you can use actually. It's very powerful, but beware, it's a little hard to start to learn. You must know that this software use text modes and all sprites to get the maximum amount of color per horizontal line. This is the hard part to learn about this software, because you need to learn what kind of restriction exists.

Enjoy and good luck!

True... but for atari hobby I have Win2K PC next to little atari.

I need it anyway... my Eprom burner software only runs on Win. (no I don't have the great BOB-BURNER for atari 8bit)

Besides that I have Remote Desktop Connection on my iBook and iMac. So I easily connect to my PC upstairs. It's not problem for me.

Marius