IGNORED

Here's A Problem I've Never Encountered Before

Captain Beard

I listed a bunch of laserdiscs on eBay recently and one guy purchased 10 from me using Buy It Now.

8 of them required immediate payment - 2 of them I forgot to include that restriction.

So he paid for 8 of them, including full shipping and handling, and with the last payment asked how much combined shipping would be before he'd pay for the other two. It actually turned out that I owed him a refund once I did the combined shipping math (even without technically paying for the last two discs - they were all priced in the $5.95-$7.95 range) and I immediately e-mailed him to let him know this. I also requested that he confirm his shipping address as his PayPal account lists only a business address and I'm uncomfortable shipping to a business without even knowing his name. No response. I noticed that his PayPal e-mail and his eBay e-mail were different so I e-mailed him again, this time to both addresses. No response. The next day I e-mailed first thing in the morning, this time via eBay's "contact buyer" option, telling him I would like to ship his discs that afternoon if he would just confirm his address. I waited until 5PM, at which point, I had to go and ship items for other customers. The next day, I e-mailed him again - at both e-mail addresses AND via eBay. No response.

I am simply at a loss what to do at this point. It's been three days and even though he asked me to contact him regarding combined shipping (and I've already refunded some of his PayPal funds) he still has not responded. He's a newbie (his feedback rating is 1) so he could just be non-Internet savvy, but I really fear I'm about to get slammed with 10 negative feedbacks from this loser.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Should I just go ahead and ship them?

Should I contact eBay now to ask what recourse I can take when a customer refuses to confirm his address (something which their winning notifications suggest you do anyway?)

Should I wait a few days and then start the non-paying bidder process for the two discs he technically never paid for, hoping that will get his attention?

I'm both amazed and frustrated by this buyer's complete lack of response.

If he paid 8 separate times then you need to ship 8 separate packages to his confirmed address (with tracking) in order to be protected under PayPal's seller protection policy. If you just ship all of the items in one package and he has paid 8 different payments you can get screwed over by PayPal. If you receive one payment of $250 or more through PayPal you must use signature confirmation and ship to a confirmed address.

If the buyer does not use a confirmed address I would just refund their money. You can set your preferences through PayPal to only accept payments from confirmed addresses but you have to be careful because if a buyer pays for more than one item at the same time there is a loophole that allows payments from unconfirmed addresses to slip through. You must always check to make sure that the payment is from a confirmed address.

Package was mailed with signature confirmation. They arrived this morning.

Just got an e-mail from him asking when I was going to ship.

I'm about to get totally fucked, aren't I?

Maybe, but just to be sure, withdraw all your funds from Paypal ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
I think feedback is 45 days, not sure on chargeback.

If you need to leave Feedback for a transaction that is more than 90 days old, you may be able to do so by entering the item number or User ID on the Leave Feedback page. Remember, eBay only commits to items being available for 90 days, so if the transaction is more than 90 days old, you may not be able to leave Feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/questi...g-feedback.html