IGNORED

Absolute Best Top 10 A8 cartridge based games.

birdie3

I know the XE and 7800 were of the same time, roughly, but the XE is older tech... right?

The 8-bit computer architecture didn't change significantly from the 400/800 models. The technology is basically 1979 tech in the 800/XL/XE. The 7800 was created later, AFAIK.

True.

But strange enough... I never like 7800 games. They look beter... but they miss something I call "soul"... I think this is a personal thing... but for some reason it is nothing for me.

Btw. you wrote that about 1979 technology... and with that in mind... I even like my Atari 8bit machines more! It is amazing what that old architecture (almost 30 years old) these days can perform.

I wished I could fly back to the early eighties and show the world what atari 8bit is able too :))))

Marius

I didn't spend a lot of time with my Atari 400, but I'm reading these responses and now I wish I had!

I have played Journey to the Planets, though. It's... so... WEIRD! It's like what would happen if Adventure or Superman took place in the depths of space. It's a neat concept, but it suffers from the same problems as other early adventure games... namely, crude graphics and cryptic puzzles. Roklan gets points for the ambitious design, though.

I don't remember what else I had in that big box of computer cartridges I've got stored at my parents' house. I know what I DON'T have, however, and that's the Roklan conversion of Wizard of Wor. I really wish I did, because I dig the 5200 version and would love the chance to play it without having to mess around with adapters or those horrendous stock controllers.

One other thing... why the heck is the Atari 400 version of Demon Attack exactly like its 2600 counterpart? I want that mothership, dammit!