IGNORED

Another eBay Shipping Issue...

rklastleft

My latest feeBay purchased arrived

The still sealed Blue Label Demon Attack was shipped in a plain Manilla Envelope with a nice $1.81 post office sticker on it. Wow, considering the $6.00 I just spent on shipping for a $20 item. I was expecting a little more...I never thought I would be envious of a padded envelopes.

Be Warned of eBay ID: norma9250

They claim to be selling off their collection so I am sure there will be more. I just sent them a message let's see how they reply to the matter.

There is alot of people that are shipping in padded envelopes. The way I deal with this is to not buy from them again. I have gotten some shipped this way from E-Bay a few sellers on here and over at DP.

I hate nothing more than to pay $40.00 or $50.00 for a great condition game and have it arrive in an envelope, and have one side smashed in :x

That is another seller that I not bid on their auctions.

Tony

*adds to my list of scammers not to buy from*

If you're willing to bite the bullet, this is one definetly deserving of a neg so as to warn other ebayers. No doubt you'll get one in return. I'm willing to bet this is one of those that plays the hostage game with the feedback and didn't give you a + for paying promptly.

Ebay. You know I love it! :D

No, they didn't give me any feedback yet. So, they are playing the hostage game. Although, they only have 9 feedbacks so far...so one NEG would really hurt them.

I am still hoping that they will reply to my message and we can work something out. I am not really even concerned with the money end of things...eBay is kind of a purchase at your own risk...I just want to make them aware that they are not 'ripping off' eBay (a large multinational corporation) when they do this they are scamming the person who bid in their auction.

I just can't believe it was a plain folder, it wasn't even padded, just a manilla folder and the person claims they were a collector!

Yeah, Jetset, this sophisticated scammer with a whole 9 feedback is definitely playing the feedback hostage game.

rklastleft should immediately neg him without even giving them a chance to remedy things.

</sarcasm>

Actually, he would deserve a return neg if he did that.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Please, let's not start the whole feedback hostage debate again...

Anyway, I just received a CIB NES game today in a padded envelope with no supports inside. There was no damage luckily...fortunately with NES games, the large cartridge and foam block inside support the boxes rather well and they don't crush easily (unilke Atari boxes). I won't neg the seller, but they may get a neutral. They have 100% positive feedback... :ponder:

Is is so hard to wrap the game in bubble wrap, grab a *FREE* postal box and make a cardboard shell for the game. Stick it in a big envelope and fold it down. Takes 2-3 minutes and the game will arrive safe and sound. Plus it's cheaper than buying a bunch of padded envelopes.

It's extra work for those lazy sellers, plus if the post master decided to take a peek, they will see priority mail box being used unlawfully...

I generally ship all small things via USPS using free boxes and used newspaper. Never had any problem with shipping this way.

Whew! -- 'nuff said!

Well, what do you think I should do? The box appears relatively undamaged...although it is split in one corner. That may have happened during shipping or it may have been that way to begin with...there's no way of knowing. Of course, had it been shipped in a box like it should have been, there'd be no question. It's a $20 NES game that's CIB and not sealed, but still has the shrinkwrap on it...the guy knows I want it in good condition. Shipping it in a bubble mailer is a pretty big gamble, no? I'm going to contact the seller and see what he says...

I've had a rash of serious overcharging (beyond a simple buck or two) on shipping for several things I've bought lately, and in every case I contacted the seller, politely pointed them to eBay's Excessive Shipping Charges policy, and asked them diplomatically to resolve the issue between ourselves without getting eBay, PayPal, and my credit card company involved. In every case, I got a refund on the shipping overcharge. I feel like I shouldn't have to be doing this in the first place, but while I can't monitor all of eBay, I can handle my little corner of it.

As for substandard packing materials, I've taken to including a note in my PayPal payment about how I expect the item to be packaged, and I follow this up with a message through eBay letting the seller know payment has been sent and how I expect the item to be packaged. Again, I feel like I shouldn't have to be doing this in the first place, but a little bit of irritation up front has saved me major aggravation after the fact, especially with items that a) I want to arrive in as good a shape as they look in the auction pictures and b) that have the potential to be shoved in a substandard shipping container. Interestingly, video games are the eBay item I've ever really had constant issues with in terms of sellers trying to cheap out on the packaging; generally speaking, I haven't tended to encounter this with collectibles like toys and comic books (with a few cringe-inducing memorable exceptions).

...(with a few cringe-inducing memorable exceptions).

I guess you're right, my game could have been shipped in a beer flat I suppose. ;)

ah well, ahem, yes, that is true, but I was thinking more about how a copy of Chamber of Darkness #4 (containing Starr the Slayer, a Barry Windsor-Smith precursor to his work on Conan the Barbarian) was sent folded to me to make it fit in the envelope the seller had picked out! (And to make matters worse, the postal worker folded it again to put it in my mailbox!)

Whew! -- 'nuff said! (This was in reply to Jetset!)

Well, what do you think I should do? The box appears relatively undamaged...although it is split in one corner. That may have happened during shipping or it may have been that way to begin with...there's no way of knowing. Of course, had it been shipped in a box like it should have been, there'd be no question. It's a $20 NES game that's CIB and not sealed, but still has the shrinkwrap on it...the guy knows I want it in good condition. Shipping it in a bubble mailer is a pretty big gamble, no? I'm going to contact the seller and see what he says...

Yes, do make some noise with the seller, as Zwackery describes.

I would expect that if you calmly state your case, you should get a partial refund and an apology, and everyone can get warm fuzzy positive feedback at the end.

Edited by lemoncurry